xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashed Bios, Lost All Files On F?  (Read 236 times)

h@Ck3R

• Archived User
Flashed Bios, Lost All Files On F?
« on: December 20, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »

Hi, I have a v1.0 xbox with a tsop flash running mainly XBMC. I was trying to do something and I thought updating the bios would help, so I flashed it with xecuter 4977. now XBMC won't see any of the files on my F partition, even though it says it has 33gb of files on it. I have tried almost every bios I can think of except the cromwell one. I tsoped a long time ago, I dont remember what bios I had, but I definitely remember it not changing anything on the bootup, like it said microsoft and everything.

I made a winhex backup of the entire hard drive so is there anything on the xbox I can use to maybe recover this? None of the fatx explorers can see any others partitions on the image file except c and e.

I download auto installer deluxe, if theres anything on that that will help that will be great, I've been working on this nonstop since yesterday. Thanks!

(btw i have a 250gb hard drive, and was using lba support with xbtool)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »

x2 bioses are encrypted..

what bios did you have before?

if you had M8 or IND bios before, then you should flash it with M8 or ind bios, (they are interchangeable so should be fine)
Can be found on hexen dvd which i would reccomend over aid. "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"

if you had a x2 bios on there to start it. flash back to the same version you had before..

when you have done that if you really want to use the new bios, you will need to ftp your stuff back to the pc, then format the f drive on your xbox. swap the bios then fftp things back..

this is the main reason i dont use x2 bioses.

in summary..
m8 and ind bios do not encrypt the data on the hard disk and can be used so you see the contents of the hard disk on any xbox running either one of those bios's or a soft mod.

the x2 bios for some reason wants to be a pain in the ass. and will only let you see the files if your suing the same x2 bios.
it will also be a pain in the ass. if you have non encrypted files on the hard disk. and it wont let you see them on an x2..

basically it stops you swapping the hard disk from 1 console to a nother unless you have them all using the same bios..

This post has been edited by shambles1980: Jan 5 2013, 07:43 PM

h@Ck3R

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:37:00 AM »

alright thank you smile.gif