xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Flashing With Ndure 3.1/ Hexen Disc  (Read 613 times)

alpha_prime

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing With Ndure 3.1/ Hexen Disc
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »

Hey,

I've decided to tsop flash my xbox: I just haven't been able to find a modchip or mechassault/007 to mod my xbox. I've seen that you can softmod with ndure 3.1 using hdd hotswapping. I'm just not sure how to go from that to tsop flashing. Afteer that, I want to make up a new hdd with slayers 2.7 or the hexen disc.

I have a v 1.2 pal translucent green (stock) xbox.

thanks  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »

It's easy. Softmod the Xbox, solder the TSOP points, install the new dash (at C:\evoxdash.xbe), flash the TSOP. HeXEn does all of that for you.

alpha_prime

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jul 1 2012, 03:08 PM) *

It's easy. Softmod the Xbox, solder the TSOP points, install the new dash (at C:\evoxdash.xbe), flash the TSOP. HeXEn does all of that for you.

Thanks, I've found all the tutorials I need now. I have a few more questions though:

-I'll be using a 250gb ata hdd, should i flash iND-BIOS.5003.67 or X2.4981.67?

-after this, I'll be trying to tsop a xbox with compact flash hdd and no dvd. What bios would you recommend? I'd have it output vga with internal sync signals. I can force vga output with the heXen disc, right?

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »

You should be using iND or Evox M8+ (not 1.6 version). They properly support extended partition information.

I don't know about the VGA stuff...

alpha_prime

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »

Ok I'm trying to flash the tsop via hexen on hdd, but it won't work. I softmodded with krayzie 1.1 sc pal installer, although only the basic install. It won't let me do the full install, maybe that's why it won't flash? Can't I just upgrade to krayzie 1.1.1 via hexen?

thx

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »

You aren't really helping us to help you. What exactly do you mean when you say "but it won't work"? The disc won't boot, you can't select any of the options, they don't run, what? Have you upgraded the softmod with HeXEn first? Which option are you selecting to flash the TSOP? Does it give you an error message? If so, what is it? What else does it say on the screen??

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 03:59:00 PM »

are you using one of the hexens i edited for hard disk. or did you edit it your self..

the ones i edited will flash from hard disk. But if you edited it your self you need to reference the bios locations excetera..  "unless it was the very 1st release i made which is no longer available any where on the internet"

but I SERIOUSLY recomend using the  DVD version that was released by Heimdall, unless you have no working dvd drive.
I only edited the thing so people with slim boxes or no working dvd drive could access some of the features.
Its no where near as functional as the dvd version, neither is it as safe, I have blanked out a lot of the options. So if yours dosent say "DO NOT USE THIS" for some options. then its not the one you should be using if you dont have a dvd drive.

also are your tsop points solderd.
what tsop chip do you have..
if your using hexen to flash a winbond you need an official xbox controller gentoo dosent seem to like unofficial ones..

what errors do you get

"lots of questions"

This post has been edited by shambles1980: Today, 12:06 AM

alpha_prime

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 08:41:00 AM »

Ok, so I softmodded my xbox v1.2 with krayzie 1.1 using sc. I had to use minimum install (no basic install) because I didn't have the correct dashboard (although I did play halo 2 so that should automatically update the dash to 5960, right?)

I have a ST tsop chip and soldered the 2 unlock points on the top of the xbox.

I used shambles hexen on hdd (latest version, no modifications) to update the krayzie softmod to 1.1.1, but i got an error saying my xbox didn't have a krayzie softmod?

I then tried to tsop flash via krayzie, but to no avail. I then used the 'incomplete flash cleanup' to repair that mistake.

I hope this clears it all up

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »

to update the dash with halo 2 you have to try and play online with it and it will put up a message about the dash update and then will update the dash it will not do it by playing campaign. Also for a 250GB HDD I would use a bios that ends with .06 and not .67. Those numbers are kinda confusing to some because the do not mean one is newer then the other they actually refer to  partitions 6 (which is f) and partition 7 (which is g). So if you choose one that ends with .06 most of the HDD will just be F and not some on F and some on G.

Try flashing the TSOP by loading HEXEN from disc

alpha_prime

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

i used hexen on dvd and retried going on live via halo 2. That did the trick: I was able to install krayzie 1.1.1 and flash the tsop. I'll install the new hdd this evening. thx everyone!

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »

Can you let me know exactly what error you got from hexen for hard disk when you tried yo flash the bios?

if it dosent work for end users "although most confirm it does" Then its absolutley pointless..

i cant link to the one i uploaded but id really like to confirm it really is the correct version..
it should have XBMC 3.1 with icefilms plugin already isnatlled if you install xbmc from it..

I just re downloaded the latest version i uploaded, and tried it..
had no problems flashing an xbox..

do you have a winbond chip or something??
I havent tested it for a winbond chip. prehaps i need to edit some more files. although gentoo is already set up to flash from hard disk as a default you just tell hexen which bios to move where.. so it should not be an issue with that either...

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

You aren't upgrading the dash via the Internet, you are upgrading it using a dash update program on the Halo 2 disc. Whatever problem you had, it was nothing to do with Xbox Live for the Xbox 1 being unavailable.

HeXEn doesn't care about your current softmod when upgrading to Krayzie 1.1.1 using - it installs a completely new and clean version from scratch.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

i have to just mention that hexen dosent update the dash on my boxes either when i do a unleash x install.. "i always use krazies sc exploit"

I know it seems to move stock files about "i think it moves them to E:\backup" but the only way i can get the updated dash on to C is to manualy move them from D:\stock files to C:\
I know its suposed to update the dash and then do the soft mod. But i dont think that it actualy does..

Thats why i usually do a minimal install softmod, "splinter cell krazies ndure 1.1.1" and then boot hexen, manualy copy over stock files from the stock files folder to C: and then install the softmod again... "i prefer the unlesh x dash that comes with hexen compared  to the SC exploit files i have.

Dont know why i have to do it like that. but its the way i do it. "ive had it be unable to install due to dash version being to low.. "
so i just play it safe with the manual transfer..

As for halo 2 game update..
You have to start the game then go to xbox live and tell it to connect it will then update from the dvd.
if your already softmodded and have a shaddow C it wont be able to do it. so you would either need to dissable shaddow c. and then do it "leaving you back at a stock xbox" which you could then re soft mod.
or manually do it.

Im wondering if there was more than 1 revision of hexen. and if one of them did not update the stock files before soft modding..

and if there is then thats the one i would have edited.