xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible To Softmod Board With Wrongly Flashed Tsop?  (Read 454 times)

competes2win

• Archived User
Possible To Softmod Board With Wrongly Flashed Tsop?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »

I can't edit my previous post but I just wanted to say that I found this post implying that the F or G drives wouldn't be touched. So I went ahead and kind of as a practice run went through the steps of soft modding my secondary box (currently hardmodded w/ a chip) w/ the hexen disc and I got to the part where it told me that the drive was going to be formatted into the F and overflow into the G etc etc prompt. And since I was doing this more as a backup (in case the chip would ever fail) and as "practice" I didn't really want to risk losing my F partition so I bailed on the process.

so is the linked thread indeed pertinent to the krayzie 1.1.1 one touch install used by the hexen disc as well, in the sense that my f/g partitions wouldn't be re-formatted?

thanks so much for all the help. hopefully I won't have to ask many more questions!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(competes2win @ Apr 29 2012, 04:58 AM) View Post
went through the steps of soft modding my secondary box (currently hardmodded w/ a chip) w/ the hexen disc and I got to the part where it told me that the drive was going to be formatted into the F and overflow into the G etc etc prompt

I don't recall anything in HeXEn that would give you this message, or anything similar..... Which option did you use, and what exactly did you do?

competes2win

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 29 2012, 12:12 PM) View Post

I don't recall anything in HeXEn that would give you this message, or anything similar..... Which option did you use, and what exactly did you do?

Hello, my apologies as I wasn't really exact with what the message was. More specifically it said that this option installs unleashx as the dashboard with nkpatcher.67 with all space above 8gb and below 137gb put on the f partition and the rest is on the g partition.

this was where i abandoned the softmodding process as I don't really need that xbox softmodded and certainly didn't want to have to re-populate the hdd w/ all my files again.

Brief summary of what I did was:
1. locked the hdd using evox to boot w/ chip disabled to ensure normal microsoft bios was intact.
2. booted hexen w/ chip enabled and clicked softmod xbox tools -->krayzie one-click installer-->ntsc, sc game save.
3. let that run its course, it booted into unleashx, backed up the eeprom, returned to menu, then clicked 'basic install unleashx dashboard' and this is when the above stated message was shown and where I subsequently quit the process.

Thanks for the response.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »

Got it.

The Xbox file system is fragile, and all of the tools we use can occasionally go wrong, so you should always make sure you have a backup of the contents of your F/G partitions. wink.gif

Having said that, nothing in the softmod installer should even touch the F/G partitions, and I have used HeXEn hundreds of times during testing, and it never touched the F/G partitions unless I specifically selected one of the complete disk rebuild options.

If you started with a single large F partition and it seems to to disappear after the softmod, don't panic, AND DON'T BE TEMPTED TO RUN ANY OTHER TOOLS! Simply boot without HeXEn, run Xbox Admin - NDURE Tools - Launch Extras - Set nkpatcher.06 - Set nkpatcher.06, and your F partition will magically reappear. smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]