xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can You Use A Modchip On A Board W/ Failed Tsop Flash?  (Read 284 times)

competes2win

• Archived User
Can You Use A Modchip On A Board W/ Failed Tsop Flash?
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »

Hey guys, so I have an xbox that was previously modded via tsop flash but it no longer works. Is it possible to install a modchip on this board to get it working again? would the chip bios be read or would whatever was done to flash the tsop interfere w/ the bios being read? I guess basically, I'm asking if i can install a modchip the normal way, rather than first having to undo whatever was done for the tsop flash... as I'm not familiar w/ tsop flashing at all... Thanks in advance.

Furthermore, since I'm pretty sure that I can indeed chip the thing to get it working again, would it then be possible to use the HeXen disc to re-flash the tsop w/ a correct bios? as I'm pretty sure the tsop got corrupted when an incompatible bios was attempted to be flashed...

llewop

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »

yes u can chip it.

and yes you can reflash the TSOP after you use the chip/disc to boot.   BTW TSOP flash it easier than Wiring a chip.... check out a DIY

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »

If your TSOP is screwed a LPC modchip will repair your xbox, but you cannot flash the TSOP once booted from the LPC. To fix your TSOP the only possibilites are 1) Three wire trick, 2) 29-wire cheapmod 3)removal, flash and replace 4) or this: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=459116

^Beat me, but I had that typed already, so...

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Movax @ Apr 6 2012, 09:02 AM) View Post

^Beat me, but I had that typed already, so...
LOL

competes2win

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »

Thanks everyone for the responses... I was pretty sure just throwing a chip in would work around the corrupted TSOP but thought I'd better check first. Also, have any of you guys actually tried that method of repairing the tsop w/ any luck??

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

Depending on what happened the three wire trick will work (Flashed a 256k bios to 1mb tsop). I have tried the 'fix tsop with modchip' once with no luck, but as stated it should only be expected to work with ver. 1.0-1.3, I don't remember if I was using a newer xbox revision.