xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice Needed For Tsop Flash W. No Dvd  (Read 1359 times)

kenzo42

• Archived User
Advice Needed For Tsop Flash W. No Dvd
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »

So I soldered the points today. I placed Hexen disc in, chose option 3 (TSOP), and then option 3.2.

It started to copy over some files, then it says "Error copying to E:, error code 0".

It then takes me to a menu where it gives me BIOS options. I was going to choose 512kb X2 5035 for my v1.0, but chickened out because of the previous error code.

I am using the stock WD hard drive.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 06:12:00 AM »

how was it softmodded and and do you have free space on e?

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »

P.S
Id use the 256k IND bios if i was you.
it will expand to the correct size if its to small..

it also works as default with no dvd drive connecxted so you dont need to mess with any files afterwards.

but 1st make sure you have space on E: (delete a game or something if you have some on there)

if your using a really old softmod maybe you should upgrade it using the hexen disk 1st also.
if your having issues doing that then ask about that too.

the hexen DVD is really usefull and even if your dashbpard is not upto date we can fix that thatnks to haveing all the files needed on the dvd.
But you have to do some stuff manually.

but again for now, just check you have the free space available as thats all you should really need.

kenzo42

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »

Anyone know what might br happening?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »

Do you have HeXEn burned to DVD-R at 4x or slower?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 03:48:00 AM »

1,2. Try clearing the cache (E:\cache) and the X, Y and Z partitions.
3. You have to press A twice to get the skin changes to stick. It isn't a bug, it's a deliberate feature - the first press loads the skin into memory but doesn't change the config, so that if the skin has a bug that makes the menu unusable then on the next reboot it reverts to the original skin. The second press changes the skin selection in config.xml.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

now that you have tsoped the xbox you just put in a new hard disk "when the xbox is off". and start the xbox with the hexen dvd in the drive.
Follow all on screen instructions.

when thats done and your in the hexen menu what i then do is.
go to applications.
run Xbpartitioner and make the drive the size i want it to be.
then go back to the hexen menu (back button on the controller 3-4 times)
then select clean c partition after tsop flash.

you can also simply select the build new hard disk option.
but i like to do it manually.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »

Yes, you just delete the contents of X,Y and Z, but the HeXEn Clear Cache option does that for you. If that hasn't fixed the problem then maybe your disk is failing or faulty, or maybe your expectations of instantaneous booting are just a bit too high.

Config Magic doesn't do hard drive upgrades. It will give you the eeprom so you can use xboxhdm....

Of course HeXEn does hard drive upgrades, for softmod and hardmod Xboxes. The menu is fairly obvious, and has loads of instructions - try having a look around.....

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Apr 4 2012, 05:37 PM) View Post
you can also simply select the build new hard disk option.
but i like to do it manually.

The HeXEn automated version does the same thing as your manual version - but with fewer keypresses and less to remember. smile.gif

Pat0514

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »

my no dvd box (tsop w/m8+) would lag a bit during the boot up and in my evox menu, figured out it was because i was using the should-be dvd power cord to run a small fan. the only reason i noticed is because the tray status in the top corner of evox would bug out... moved the fan to run off the hard drive power line and no more laggy-ness

kenzo42

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »

Re-read your post more carefully. Nothing is running off the yellow connector. It's just unplugged.

http://www.youtube.c...ZuqfcI2f8#t=42s

This youtube video is much much faster than my boot time. Does a chip boot faster than a TSOP flash?

BTW, I don't have an F: drive, only E: and C: - Wondering if this could be causing the slow down?

x2config.ini now first searched on F: and, if not found, on E: - if again not found then defaults are used

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »

You may want to try another bios.. iND or M8+ ...at least to eliminate the bios as an issue. If you still think you have a problem with a different bios you'll know the problem is somewhere else.

Pat0514

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(kenzo42 @ Apr 4 2012, 05:43 PM) View Post

So the yellow connector that goes into the DVD drive powers both the DVD and fan?

How did you use the HD power connector to power the fan? A splitter and a converter of some sort?

yeah used a splitter as i made a slim box and the stock fan wouldnt fit. i powered the new fan off the hd power line in case it drew too much power (idk how many watts/amps you can suck out of the fan plug and the dvd drive power lines apparently dont like being used by things that arent dvd drives)

i would do what movax suggested and try another bios, m8+ always worked fine for me (allows booting without dvd), and i love tweakin the hell out of the boot logo colors with evtool

kenzo42

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »

Is there a limit to how many times you can flash a BIOS before it starts to go bad?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »

The chip is a standard flash memory chip, so can be reprogrammed ~1,000,000 times - see this typical data sheet.
Pages: 1 [2]