xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I...  (Read 137 times)

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
How Do I...
« on: June 12, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

I have some questions, and before I ask them I gotta tell you that I read the modding faq (not all of it, but some good chunks) and a couple of the other topics on this board (plus a few other sites). I've learned a lot of things, but there is still a bunch of stuff that I have questions about, so it would be awsome if you could answer them for me.

Questions:

1. Does the Xbox have one, uniform voltage? I know the controllers are 5v, but is it 5v all around or is it different in certain areas?
2. Could I get an Xbox controller to work with my computer if I, say, changed the dongle with a USB cable?
3. Sould I put heat shrink tubing around my resistors?
4. What do I need to do to get a System Link LED to work?
5. How would I go about installing a Cold Cathode ring under my jewel(custom)? Which wires do I need to connect to to get power and etc?

I'll probably have more later, but that's it for now. Thanks in advance...  :D

(Please don't make fun of my n00bishness ;) )  <

Arjun

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

most answers are in tuts. but neway here:

1. different volatage differentc places. mostly 12, but then ground plays a roll. like stock fan runs at 7, but can be changed into 12.

2. yes u can, just get a usb adapter, or make it urself. u will have to download the drivers. if u google it u can find it.

3. nope

4. lan led, check the tuts.

5. get a molex splitter, and run it off the power going to the harddrive, then just hot glue the cathode to the top.  <

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 05:08:00 AM »

6. Does anyone know where I can get a tut for putting a hub into my Box?  <

Arjun

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

do u really need a tut? just find a small one that will fit behind the dvd drive. then get a small cable and stick it from the xbox into the wan. then just cut holes so the ports are accesible.  <

crispwarez

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »

yes there is a belkin hub tut on the xs  tuts section  <

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 07:29:00 AM »

I can't find the belkin tut, or any other tut for that matter. Could you give me a link? I'm trying to put in a LAN hub, not a USB hub, fyi.  <

Trevante

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (crispwarez @ Jun 13 2004, 03:05 PM)
yes there is a belkin hub tut on the xs  tuts section

That's for a USB hub, not a LAN hub....  <

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

Thank god for your sig, Trevante. I read a good chunk of 'n00b's guide to everything' and 'things you should know about the Xbox'... Good stuff, but I still don't have an answer to my question...

So, do any of you have a link to a tut about putting a LAN hub in my Box, or do I have to Google some more?  <

dollerbill

• Archived User
How Do I...
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

Couldn't you just do what Arjun said? Just put your LAN hub in behind the dvd drive(or somewhere in there) and cut out the holes in the box to plug the other cables into..   <