xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Tsop Back To Original  (Read 24 times)

Seany

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop Back To Original
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

Hi all,

I was given an Xbox that was TSOP flashed around 3 years ago. From my understanding I believe it was the Cromwell BIOS possibly.

It is a v1.1 Xbox so the TSOP is 1MB?
The TSOP is ST (STMicroelectronics).

I wanted to put the xbox back to it's original state so I can softmod and put in a larger HDD.

I have the eeprom.bin and XBOXHDM, I succesfully created the new HDD and put it in the xbox. I tried NDURE 1.1 and from my understanding I think the fact that the TSOP was flashed is what is causing the gamesave exploit not to work.

This is why I want to restore the TSOP to its original state so I can softmod it.

Can someone please tell me me which TSOP I should use and how to flash it.

Am I right in thinking I need the MechEurasia gamesave and I just replace the bios.bin file that is in that with the new bios.bin file that I want to flash ?

Thanks in advance,

Seany

PS:
When i put the HDD I checked the kernel and dash versions.
Kernel: 5101
Dash: 5960

Soligna

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

What dashboard u runnin atm?

Seany

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Soligna @ Nov 20 2006, 09:58 PM) View Post

What dashboard u runnin atm?

The Xbox was given to me and I think the name of the dash was THC Lite.

QUOTE(caster420 @ Nov 20 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

Sounds to me like you're going a round about way to get a larger hdd installed on your xbox.  If it were me, i'd install evox (it will upsize to fit your 1meg tsop) and flash your tsop with an up to date bios like x2.5035 (or 4981).  Then i would put the larger hdd in and use an autoinstaller to format and install the dash files on the new drive.  If you really want to softmod, install the new hdd before you flash back to an original m$ bios because i think you will find that it will be much more involved to install it afterwords.

Caster.

Yes I should have done this.

I made an absolute balls of the Xbox, I downloaded the Orginal 5101 BIOS and the MechEurasia gamesave.

I replaced the BIOS.bin file in the MechEurasia with the original 5101 one and flashed it on my Xbox.

The Xbox now powers on and off 3 times and then the LED flashes red/green then a constant blank black screen. No error given.

Will I be able to fix my Xbox do you's think  sad.gif ?

regards,

Seany

Seany

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

Ok I have good news I think.  
A friend of mine had an old SpiderChip v1.1 (it's crap I know..) it allows me to choose which BIOS I want to put on the Flash CD, can someone please tell me which bios.bin file I should use to restore my Xbox?

Can I use the Original 5101 BIOS ?

spiffyville

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »

You can't relash the Tsop using the chip you currently have. The first thing I would try is the three wire trick. Theres a multitude of information on that in the forums. From there you have a couple of options. If it works, great you should boot up with the old hacked bios thats on there. And reflash the whole TSOP with a newer bios.

If not, well you still have a few options left. You can purchase an xraychip and reflash the tsop that way, or you can just buy and install a modchip.

edit: you might want to read this as well.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=327214

Its at the top of this forum for future reference as well.