xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "coma Consle" V 1.4 & Tsop Flashing  (Read 109 times)

Matt Devo

• Archived User
"coma Consle" V 1.4 & Tsop Flashing
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

you should be able to, just follow the guide for doing it with an X2, found here

even though the guide says it's only for v1.0 boxes, you can use the newer EvolutionX_v2.5_256k_for_matrix bios on v1.2-1.5 boxes

MickRaider

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

I fixed my 1.4 coma console with a tsop flash, and I didn't even have a chip. My tsop was jacked so that the xbox would only boot after it had been powered off for a while. Check to see if yours has the same symptom, then I followed the tsop tutorial (it took a while because I had to wait for the cap's to discharge) and flashed the tsop. Now it works perfectly.

I used this tut: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=197389

ls2k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »

I read this thread today and it got me thinking I would keep trying to boot my 1.4 coma console and see if I got lucky.  It works fine with a modchip, I setup everything to make sure it would boot msdash, enabled the tsop writes and started booting but no luck.  Then I remembered reading somewhere about someone putting their box into the freezer for 10 mins to get a coma console to boot.  I thought, okay what if I just cool the tsop chip?  Enter plastic bag with icecube.  I held the icecube (in the plastic bag of course) directly on the winbond chip for about 20 seconds, hit the powerbutton...pow pow, onboard bios boots!  loaded up splinter cell and raincoat, reflashed the tsop and now its all good   :D
Hope this helps somebody thanks to all for the valuable information  ^_^