xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "09 Flash Not Writeable"  (Read 151 times)

BjTheClown

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« on: May 11, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

i have a 1.0 xbox with a samsung tsop. i have soldered and re-soldered the enable points numerous times and i still get "09 flash not writeable". im using evox 3935 dashboard and a modified evox m8 bios. and am pretty sure im reasonably certain i don have winbond tsop.  i load my bios into c/bios and then go to "flash bios" in evox and select my m8 bios. then it says "09 flash not writeable". is there anything that woud cause it to say that other than the enable points?

BjTheClown

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »

i have a 1.0 xbox with a samsung tsop. i have soldered and re-soldered the enable points numerous times and i still get "09 flash not writeable". im using evox 3935 dashboard and a modified evox m8 bios. and am pretty sure im reasonably certain i don have winbond tsop.  i load my bios into c/bios and then go to "flash bios" in evox and select my m8 bios. then it says "09 flash not writeable". is there anything that woud cause it to say that other than the enable points?

lordvader129

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

hmm, well there is no such thing as a samsung TSOP, your probably looking at the ram

anyway, some points are just stubborn, ive had to do a set about 15 times once before it worked

try desodlering them, clean them up with some braid, wipe them off with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, then solder again

if that doesnt work try alternate points (check my sig)

BjTheClown

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »

yeah, im stupid. i meant hyundai, not samsung. ok, ive read that the points can be somewhat stubborn but i didnt know they would be this bad. ill try cleaning them up and re-doing them again. thanks, ill let you know what happens..

Sorry for the double post, my browser is being screwy.

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

How is your xbox modded already? Softmod or a chip. If it's through a chip, you can't flash it. Evox will flash whatever it boots from (chip or a tsop). You need to have a softmodded xbox or a hacked gamesave.

BjTheClown

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

i use an x-chip. i was under the influence that i could just boot my xbox (and evox) with my chip and then remove the chip before flashing and evox would flash the tsop instead of the chip. so i'm wrong?

acemilo

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »

Yep, you are very wrong.  You have to boot off the tsop to flash it.  Use a dash or gamesave exploit, just ftp it with the chip on, then turn the chip off and reboot, then load the exploit of your choice and flash.

BjTheClown

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »

cool,i used the bert and ernie exploit and everything worked the first time. thanks for all of the help.
     -BjTheClown

Tobb555

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

that is most defantly not true at all. I have booted to a modchip before to flash a dead TSOP before. It was a X2.6 and i just disabled the chip and flashed away.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tobb555 @ May 12 2005, 04:53 PM)
that is most defantly not true at all. I have booted to a modchip before to flash a dead TSOP before. It was a X2.6 and i just disabled the chip and flashed away.

acemilo

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

He didn't do it, he just flashed the chip thinking it was the tsop.  You cannot just turn off the chip of a modern mod chip and flash the tsop.  You need a 1.0/1.1 with a cheapmod based chip and a special evox bios.  I can guarantee you didn't flash your tsop with an x2.6.

lordvader129

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(carbasher @ May 15 2005, 04:19 PM)
I had a couple dead TSOP I was able to revive,(one I flashed myself with wrong size bios, the other I bought from a modder for $50.00 who said it was toast and need a 29wire mod which he didn't do, not sure why he did not just insall a mod chip and call it a day)  both were version 1.0, had bad flashes, I installed a pin header, booted with a cheapmod I made from the forms here, I flashed the same way I would normally do a TSOP flash with the 007 gamesave exploit.  I booted the xbox with the cheap mod in place, once the game was running, but before I loaded game save, I physically pulled the cheap mod off the pin header and removed the grounded D0 (which I was just holding against the metal part of case) I  then loaded the gamesave, and flashed via FTP.  Worked both times. Timing when pulling the mod chip off is a factor, pull it to soon and the system locks up, hope this helps, and if some one could confrim this works (or if I just got very lucky) and if it works for other versions/modchips. Please post your reuslts.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
"09 Flash Not Writeable"
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ May 12 2005, 09:24 PM)
He didn't do it, he just flashed the chip thinking it was the tsop.  You cannot just turn off the chip of a modern mod chip and flash the tsop.  You need a 1.0/1.1 with a cheapmod based chip and a special evox bios.  I can guarantee you didn't flash your tsop with an x2.6.