xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: - I Am Thinking Of Flashing My Tsop -  (Read 124 times)

jacobesterque

• Archived User
- I Am Thinking Of Flashing My Tsop -
« on: March 08, 2004, 03:07:00 AM »

i am fortunate enough to have a 1mb tsop.  i know that i can have up to 4 bios' on the tsop, and just get 2 switches to use thwem all.  i only want to use 3 bios': original, 4981.06, and 4981.06.  instead of me buying 2 switches, couldnt i just buy a switch that has 3-positions: on-off-on?  could i set it up like that, or would i have to have 2 2-position switches?

the switch i am considering: DPDT Center Off Mini Toggle Switch

This post has been edited by jacobesterque: Mar 8 2004, 11:08 AM

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

You would have to have 2 switches...this is because Center Off would make the xbox see the whole 1MB bios....In which case it would frag since there are more than one bios's installed....Might as well put 4 bios's if your going to do all of that...

Whats the point of putting 2 diff 4981.06's for anyway...?

jacobesterque

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »

the first 4981.06 for looks goes: f:\xboxdash.xbe, AND THEN f:\dashboards\evolutionx
the second 4981.06 for IT related shit (i.e.: ftp, setting up files, etc...) goes: f:\dashboards\evolutionx, AND THEN f:\xboxdash.xbe

so what i want is not possible?  or should i just go for 2 switches then?

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

Well.....Yeah you would need 2 switches if you still wanted to keep the orignal bios on there.....

Why dont you just make a link in the F:/xboxdash.xbe in the apps to boot evox and do all your settings?...that would get rid of the third bios and still enable you to chnage or whatever you do with evox......and then you could use 1 swicth?

jacobesterque

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

good point, i just wanted a backup jus tin case something didnt work with thc's dashboard, but i guess i can rename the evolutionx temporaily to xboxdash.xbe just to make sure everything works properly and then rename everything the way i want it to work.  thanks.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

the nice thing about a flashed TSOP (as opposed to exploits) is the ability to boot unsigned code, so if somethoing gets messed up you can load a slayers cd and have FTP access