xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Tsop On Debug Xbox  (Read 29 times)

Cookiesrus

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop On Debug Xbox
« on: February 23, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

Ok this mini tut is just the basics, i will write up a full tut tomorow, when im awake!

What you will need

Evolution x (any build should do, i used latest)
UnleashX (again latest build)
FlashFXP (google it)
1 MB Bios file
xSWITCHx (found at xbox-scene.com)

Situation, you have flashed your onboard TSOP with a complex debug release, in my case 1.02. And you cant get any flash utilitys to boot to boot under it! (evox, raincoat, eurasia etc)

Solution

Launch your XDK launcher, which should be your default dash for the bios your using.

Open up xbox neighborhood on your PC and conect to your xbox, place unleashX in a folder in the e:\Games development partition.

Launch unleashX from the xdk, and setup any required networking options.

Go back to your PC and load up flashFXP, conect to unleashX with your desired ip username and password. (that you set up in unleashx)

go into your C:\ partition on the xbox Harddrive.

Rename xboxdash.xbe to xboxdash.xbeold

transfer your build of evolution x onto the c:\ partition along with your correct evox.ini file (check in general guide) Rename the evoxdash.xbe or default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe.  So on your Hard drive evolution x will be c:\xboxdash.xbe.

Make a folder on you c:\ partion called Bios, place your chosen 1mb bios file here.

On your PC Load up xSWITCHx, where it says xbox name, type in your xbox name. (at the bottom of the xdk, your name will appear beside your IP in brackets)

After that, hit turn off debug.

There ya go, you should now have evolution x on your screen and are ready to re-flash your bios!

this work fine for me with the stuff i mentioned above, i would imagine the same would apply to any debug bios (original MS bios excluded).  

Post your findings below!

Cookiesrus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

Ok i take it by the lack of interested this tut isnt needed?

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

No, you've done a good job there.  It's just that I don't think that too many people have flashed their TSOP with a debug BIOS.  Or maybe the people who did either have a mod chip or multiple banks.

In fact, I could probably use this if I wanted to flash my LPC mod with a debug BIOS (and I might).  Well, I'd have to use raincoat instead of EvoX though, since EvoX can't seem to flash my Sharp.

DevSpook

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

I think this might be more complicated than it has to be. My box had the Complex 1.03 Bios, maybe that makes it a tad easier.

This is what I did:

Grabbed the EvoX Installer and modified it to my liking (Network etc). I added the bios I wanted  to use to my Bios folder (make sure it's a 1mb bios) and updated evox.ini accordingly.

Used XDK Shell Extensions to copy everything to the dev-box e-drive and ran it to verify that it was working. After that I copied everything to the C-drive, and renamed default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe.

Used xSwitchX as per your tutorial to turn off debugging (I don't know if this is needed, but it certainly put my mind to rest, I wasn't sure if the flashing would work properly under the debug bios). Disabling the debugging makes it possible to FTP properly into the box, again, verify to make sure.

Finally I flashed the bios, and rebooted.

This post has been edited by DevSpook: Feb 25 2004, 06:20 PM