xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: **flash Not Wirteable**  (Read 103 times)

tigerito

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« on: January 11, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

I know what the reason you get this error is because you solder the wrong points.  But i'm familiar with this process and i've done it before.  This is what i did.

I soldered two sets of points on the top and one set on the bottom.  Then i  realized that for a 1.1 you only have to solder on set on the top and one set on the bottom.  So i used desoldering braid to desolder the second set of points at the top.  Now when i use auf game save and evox to flash the tsop, it gives me a flash not writable error.  does anybody know why this would be.

tigerito

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

I know what the reason you get this error is because you solder the wrong points.  But i'm familiar with this process and i've done it before.  This is what i did.

I soldered two sets of points on the top and one set on the bottom.  Then i  realized that for a 1.1 you only have to solder on set on the top and one set on the bottom.  So i used desoldering braid to desolder the second set of points at the top.  Now when i use auf game save and evox to flash the tsop, it gives me a flash not writable error.  does anybody know why this would be.

ybothers

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

use raincoat instead, evox is not that stable in flashing tsop.

tigerito

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

ok well i tried that and i got an error as well.  

The erro says:  Unable to open /ect/raincoat.conf, using default list.
                         Unknown device Read only?
                          try adding the device ID to /ect/raicoat.conf

Not sure where to go from here.  Does anybody have any suggestions as to what i should try next.  I'm open to any ideas.

Exobex

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

You need to update your raincoat.  Get it from the link below, replace your raincoat and raincoat.conf with the ones downloaded.

tigerito

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

This raincaot .501 is a lot different then the one i'm used to.  Do i use it the same way?  And if so where do i put the bios.bin.  Is there a tut i can read on this?  Thanks in advance for you help.  

lordvader129

• Archived User
**flash Not Wirteable**
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

just copy the files raincoat and raincoat.conf out fo the .501 folder and put them in the gamesave directory, it will work the same way as the raincoat you are used to