xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "sharp - Lh28f008sct"  (Read 136 times)

jesistehsux

• Archived User
"sharp - Lh28f008sct"
« on: November 24, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »

I've come across 2 Sharp's i cannot flash.

For some reason:

0x89a6,"SHARP - LH28F008SCT",0x100000,0x20,0xd0,0x10,

Does not like being flashed. Perhaps something was wrong?

Anyways i searched through the forum and used a bit of trial and error with no luck. Is there a possible way to flash these TSOP's in evox or 007 raincoat?

Just to go over everything to assure everyone that the mod was applied properly.

I soldered the cable in the back for the 5v/12v connector to allow you to flash the tsop. I connected the jumper below. Ran wires from the 2 top points and twisted them after i boot into the dash/AUF.

So far its been 2 unsucessful attempts so i see myself getting a matrix or something similar just to restore the tsop, however seeing as i am not getting anywhere fast i might just leave the matrix installed permanently on both. Unless theres a workaround. Well thank you all for your feedback on previous posts and questions, and if you can help out its appreciated.

black_light

• Archived User
"sharp - Lh28f008sct"
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 02:26:00 AM »

i remember reading about this an some people were saying to unbridge one of the jumpers then rebridge and reboot, i dont remember exactly.  

Schultz

• Archived User
"sharp - Lh28f008sct"
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 04:48:00 AM »

I don't know if this is your problem or not. But any time i have had to Flash a sharp TSOP i have had to use a 512k image in Raincoat instead of the 256k that you download and in windows to create a 512 outta a 256 just do
copy /b bios256.bin+bios256.bin bios512.bin
Other wise if i flashed with a 256 i would just get the boot 3 times then green red lights..

This post has been edited by Schultz: Nov 25 2003, 12:49 PM

jesistehsux

• Archived User
"sharp - Lh28f008sct"
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

That makes perfect sense. Surely a chameleon should undo this mess, next time i will indeed apply the 512KB bios. Well it always takes trial and error to find something out.

Thanks for your time guys. I'll let you know how the 'reflash goes' in a few days.

jesistehsux

• Archived User
"sharp - Lh28f008sct"
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »

Well, after some research and a push in the right direction my XBOX is operational once again.

I was following a guide on using a multibank TSOP. While its not meant to recouperate a misflash it worked in my case.

Refrence:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/multibios-tsop.php

If you go over that it shows you how to use all 4 TSOP banks. Since i misflashed my Sharp 512KB using only half the bank, by applying 2 swtiches i was able to sucessfully repair my machine.

Big thanks to Schultz for the push in the right direction. I theres a PDF that is helpful as well although its for 1MB bios, and it uses only 2 banks, this one does 4.

So now i have 1 repaired XBOX Version 1.0 w/ Sharp TSOP & Multibios. I was also able to reflash it with no problems and i can safely remove the switches but i think they're handy incase you want to use 2 sets of 256KB bios.

Thanks for all your feedback dudes, as always its deeply appreciated. :beer:  

jesistehsux

• Archived User
"sharp - Lh28f008sct"
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »

I have to correct myself, the sharp tsop is indeed 1MB however in my situation i totally thrashed it by using a 256KB bios. Once i connected A18/19 & ground using an SPST switch i was able to boot the machine. Hit the switch to fix my tsop in Raincoat and everything is working beautifully.