xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Identify Chip Subtype & Eeprom Advice  (Read 1033 times)

MrMajst3r

• Archived User
Identify Chip Subtype & Eeprom Advice
« on: March 24, 2013, 04:04:00 AM »

It is Xenium Ice.
You have to solder "eject" wire (between eject button in console and E point on the modchip).
Then you will be able to get into Xenium OS if you launch console with eject button.

Crispy3000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(MrMajst3r @ Mar 24 2013, 10:04 AM) View Post

It is Xenium Ice.
You have to solder "eject" wire (between eject button in console and E point on the modchip).
Then you will be able to get into Xenium OS if you launch console with eject button.

Thanks it does seem to be an ICE chip comparing images on google.

As to eject button wire.   I don't remember that being needed and certainly nothing in manual I can see.
Can anyone confirm this?

I'm still very confused why I get 'xecuter 2 live config loading' on startup and it uses x2config.ini on E drive.

Could xeniumos have been overwritten hence no menu?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »

You get "X2 live config loading" on startup and it uses E:\x2config.ini because your chip has an X2 BIOS on it, probably X2.5035. That is completely different from the Xenium O/S, which simply provides a console to allow you to manage the chip and the BIOSes it contains. The two can coexist quite happily.

Crispy3000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »

Should also mention I have another xbox with similar setup no access to OS menu via eject button.  I have a really think now I inherited these rather than modded them myself.  I think the lack of OS menu is by design so you can eject on startup.  Just not sure what I need to do to change whatever was done.

MrMajst3r

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »

Sorry! I was wrong, eject wire is needed for some modchips, but not Xenium ICE.

Make sure, that D0 wire has good connection.

Have a butcherÂ’s at this manual
http://XS Filter -/h.../0/iceguide.pdf

Crispy3000

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »

Yes I have read all manuals/guide/tutorials I can lay my hands on including that one.  I thought you knew some dark secret to get this working, I can stop mad googling eject pont E  tongue.gif

As I mentioned the mod is fine d0 etc.  Has worked fine for years.  Only reason I want access to menu now as its only hope of restoring my eeprom which I screwed up in a moment of madness.  I have two of these I was given and they end up with me sticking the largest of my hardrives  in.  They never booted into OS menu ever using eject.  Typical timing I gave away my other xboxs (with slightly smaller hds) that I did personally mod about 6 weeks ago.

So question is this how can you get a xenium to reliably boot into a bios without eject bring up the OS on startup? If I know that I stand a chance of undoing it.

If I get no other advice I was planning to try upgrading/restoring XeniumOS but I don't really want to do that when eeprom is shagged(would it even work?).  

If anyone is local to me colchester or stansted in UK that has a working xenium spare I can hot swap to try?

MrMajst3r

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

Another ideas:
- push and hold white button after you start Xbox
- update Xenium OS http://www.digistore...date_Manual.pdf

If harddrive isn't locked, you can update your eeprom with file from any 1.6 console.
There is special bios, "Flashbios Unauthorized" which is able to fix Xbox with corrupted eeprom. But you need working modchip to flash it first.

Crispy3000

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »

Dude thats for trying to help but...

Problem is getting mod chip to be programmable.

As I just mentioned I can update OS in recovery mode but while xboxs in unknown state not great idea.

I have a perfect backup of my eeprom.

Harddrive is not an issue (I set all my eeproms to have same HDD Key) and I can use a linux box to unlock

Flashbios is interesting but I got a cromwell bios patched with my actualy bios ready to go I just to boot once.

Crispy3000

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »

Well OS recovery did not work.  Whether this was due to eeprom failure preventing it or I have disrupted d0 somewhere along the line I am not sure.  I'm giving up on this xbox. Most likely I will try to get hold of another one softmod it and gut swap into my case.

I anyone comes across this thread in the future and knows how a xenium chip can operate (loading a bios reguarly) yet will never display a menu when you start xbox via eject button please post.