xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nothing Like Gold To Ruin Your Night  (Read 303 times)

StrangerHacks

• Archived User
Nothing Like Gold To Ruin Your Night
« on: October 25, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

so my 360 for the good ol' 3rlrod and i bought the washer kit to fix it and it worked for like 2 days then it broke again so i gave up, back to the original xbox, one xbox has an aladdin 64 but the hard drive in it is glitching out so it freezes some times so i have another xbox v1.6 with an xenium gold chip on it but i never got any further then upgrading to an 80gb hard drive.

how do i go abouts putting on evox or xbmc?

-Ben

EDIT:
ok so i got it working via ftp and in each folder its all empty, can i just copy over all the files from my old xbox harddrive and then write over my new xbox's eeprom bin?

EDIT 2:
scratch that idea, i cant get the eeprom.bin file
i went to back up eeprom to bin and it said over write c:/eeprom.bin? so i clicked yes and it didnt do anything, flashfxp still shows nothing in all the drives. im uber confused

This post has been edited by StrangerHacks: Oct 26 2008, 03:41 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »

You don't need to do anything with eeprom.bin. Just put the dash and apps you want on the hard drive.

StrangerHacks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

nothing is going on this xbox via ftp
every time i try to put any files or folders on it nothing saves, it says it copys but then theres nothing there, no root folders or anything im very confused with all of this.

does anyone know a site that sells really cheap chips, ships to canada, and accepts paypal payments?
it would be alot easier if i could just use a duox 2 lite since that i just need the evox autoinstaller and a soldering iron and im done.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »

I recall reading that there's a known bug in Xenium OS ftp around it not displaying the drive contents properly. Try booting with Frosty's Rescue disc then using that to ftp files to your new disc.

gogniben

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:44:00 AM »

If you are looking for mod chips in Canada...

modchip.ca

Will save your life.

<edit>After checking there current stock i would suggest a Xenium</edit>

Meethatguy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

the FTP server in the xenium menu is POO.

Download auto installed deluxe or Slayers EVOX discs, burn them out, put it in the dvd drive, boot in your  "soecial" bios and got rhough the stuff