xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Chip Lost A Pogo Pin!  (Read 135 times)

kaiz3n

• Archived User
Xenium Chip Lost A Pogo Pin!
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »

Okay so I was having issues with my Xenium Ice chip and I was hoping to get some clarification of what I can do at this point. Here's the situation. I lost a pogo pin on the Xenium Ice chip causing it to not work anymore. I tried to take the chip out and possible softmod my original HD but got a 05 Error saying it was unlocked.

My neighbor has the same chip in his XBOX so seeing that I do not have a backup of my eeprom (yes hate all you want lol) I figured I could slap my original XBOX in his XBOX and just lock it. Then it occured to me, if I lock MY original xbox HD with my neighbors xbox, is that going to generate a key on there that will ONLY work with his XBOX or will I be able to put that back into mine and load up the hard drive properly?

My plan was to lock that hard drive with his working chipped XBOX, then softmod the XBOX (Did it flawlessly with my other XBOX) and (possibly) stick my larger hard drive back into the then softmodded xbox and get my dashboard back. This may be wishful thinking but I am at a loss at this point and if I can avoid taking his chip out to put in mine for recovery I would.

I searched Google, this forum and teamXodus's forums and I don't see anyone who tried to do this (or I did not use the right search strings although I tried a lot).

What do you guys think? How can I recover this XBOX!

- Kaizen

gogniben

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

It sounds like you had a solderless adapter?  Why would you say a "pogo pin", are they spring loaded pins or just the pins on the adapter?

Anyway, if you want to softmod, you must have the original hard drive in the original xbox it came from.  Now somehow ftp into the xbox, the easiest way I know is to temporarily install a solderless modchip, and copy your chosen softmod to the drive.  (You are also correct in saying that the hard drive must be locked, but that is not until you want to boot from it.)

I know most people don't have the luxury of having an extra solderless modchip, but I've got an X3CE + x3apter, and a Xenium Gold + S.p.Ice adapter.  Once you can connect to the ftp you're home free, you may be able to do this with a game exploit or something kind of bootup disk.  I don't mess with those though.

Also note * you can only unlock you're harddrive with the xbox that it came out of.  Once unlocked that drive could be locked by another xbox though...

This post has been edited by gogniben: Dec 11 2007, 02:47 AM

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(gogniben @ Dec 10 2007, 08:46 PM) *

It sounds like you had a solderless adapter?  Why would you say a "pogo pin", are they spring loaded pins or just the pins on the adapter?

yes...

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Dec 12 2007, 02:48 AM