xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Freezes Going Back To Dashboard, Then 3 Reboot Frag  (Read 133 times)

NeedlessKane

• Archived User
Freezes Going Back To Dashboard, Then 3 Reboot Frag
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »

Hey guys, seems that this 3 reboot FRAG is a hot topic. Like alot of people who have posted, my xbox hadn't been used for about 4 months, and i hook it up, turn it on....3 reboot frag. After about an hour of reseating the chip/making sure i have good connections, etc. I got it work, but only after about another hour was it consistent...or so i thought. So I was playing Splinter Cell and decided to do a L+R+Start+Back to go back to the dashboard, and the system hung....then the lights turned off on the mod chip. So i fiddled with the chip again, got it working. *It seems like i had to put more vertical pressure on the chip, yet the screw is torqued down as tight as possible* and then the lights came back on, etc.  So I played it for a while and went back to the dashboard from mid game a few times and it worked perfectly, but just now it has locked up yet again.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Edit:

Should be noted that if I press the small power button, it goes to the M$ Dash and I get the "Call Customer Support" w/ an error code 5. It only frags if i press the big eject button to power on the system.

This post has been edited by NeedlessKane: Oct 15 2007, 11:20 PM

CJLee89

• Archived User
Freezes Going Back To Dashboard, Then 3 Reboot Frag
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

error 5 is your HDD being unlocked.

whats the P/E LED doing when it locks up?

try performing a recovery and reflashing the bios. use X2 5035