xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 05 In Upper Left--service Required?  (Read 76 times)

Boldregard

• Archived User
05 In Upper Left--service Required?
« on: June 05, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

A friend got this error right after initial boot into the normal kernal side of things.  The other side seems to boot and play okay and will play normal Xbox DVDs.  The bad side also displays a flashing green--red eject button with the red lasting at least twice as long as the green.  Again, the side that you would normally use to play a normal DVD gives the 05 error message that service is required.

No doubt this is a common problem and may not be fatal but since the search engine is down and I'm no longer familiar enough with the product I have to start off this way--sorry.

I hope there is a simple answer but in the mean time I will continue to play my game on the Evox M8 Plus side.  Thank you.

JrracinFan8

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

Your friends hard drive isnt locked.

EDIT: You can play originals with Modchip enabled, just wont be able to go on Xbox Live cause you WILL get banned.

This post has been edited by JrracinFan8: Jun 5 2006, 03:47 PM

Boldregard

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(JrracinFan8 @ Jun 5 2006, 07:46 AM) View Post
Your friends hard drive isnt locked.

EDIT: You can play originals with Modchip enabled, just wont be able to go on Xbox Live cause you WILL get banned.

Was hoping it would be that simple but couldn't remember.  Is this preferred or should should the drive be locked for original games--or does it just not matter?  It doesn't seem to affect save games though she can't tell how full the drive is getting?

Thank you.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »

doesnt matter but keep it locked....if u remove it make sure u unlock it and leave it unlocked until it is back in the xbox it came out of, then lock it.

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Jun 6 2006, 02:05 AM