xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Idea On New Xenium Os Eta?  (Read 41 times)

aceventura77

• Archived User
Any Idea On New Xenium Os Eta?
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

Anyone with info no this one

weeks?
months?
years?

balthazar99

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

Artefact said "next week" but its been several weeks now... Lies, lies, and more lies...

He also said a year ago that the RGB bug was fixed but where is it?

PC_Arcade

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(balthazar99 @ Jan 12 2006, 07:33 AM) View Post

Lies, lies, and more lies...

Is that the TeamXodus Mission Statement? laugh.gif

PC_Arcade

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

I take it back, TeamXodus are in the final stages of testing by the look of things (judging by posts at their forum) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Should be here soon hopefully, let's just hope it fixes the issues peopla have had / are having

This post has been edited by PC_Arcade: Jan 12 2006, 11:16 PM

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(PC_Arcade @ Jan 12 2006, 11:16 PM) View Post

I take it back, TeamXodus are in the final stages of testing by the look of things (judging by posts at their forum) smile.gif

Should be here soon hopefully, let's just hope it fixes the issues peopla have had / are having

Here is what I have found so far, sorry I am under strict orders I can't share the OS:

The interface looks the same as 2.3.0

LED's  - Bios holds LED color choice when launching from OS when custom LED's are used

Recovery on 1.6B  - OS Recovery from HD and DVD successful, using switch and from OS, no corruption of recovery.bin in FTP transfer

Xbox 1 1.6B FTP OS 899 megs 1 file Avg 5900KBS 2min 31sec
Xbox 2 1.4 FTP UnleashX 899 megs 1 file Avg 5900kbs 2min 34sec

Xbox 1 1.6B FTP Avalaunch 850 megs 123 files Avg 5900KBS 2min 11sec
Xbox 2 1.4 FTP OS 850 megs 123 files Avg 5900KBS 2min 15sec

I will try a HD copy this weekend. I don't know if this will change as it was never intended to move that much data in the first place, but cross your fingers, I will be doing about 150g to a 300g

Cache Clear - works fine on my 1.6b, but not my 1.4. Tried a couple chips with same results

PC_Arcade had posted a problem about switching between eeproms. Basically you back up your 1.6 eeprom on the Xenium chip and to a bin file. Then you flash an eeprom from bin using any 1.0 - 1.4 eeprom. Te Xenium would then identify the eeprom as a 1.0-1.5. But when you tried to restore from the backup on the chip it would say the eeprom was corrupt and you had to use the 1.6 eeprom.bin you created to get back to normal. Let me point out that none of this is recommended because if you screw up or loose the original eeprom.bin your retail kernel will be useless. You should only use the correct eeprom for your version, but PC_arcade did have a reason for his madness  wink.gif  

In the new OS it no longer reports the eeprom as corrupt, but even though it states the restore is successful, it will still be the 1.0-1.5 eeprom loaded on the Xbox. You still have to restore from a bin backup. The only other chip I have to compare this to is a Spider GX I am installing for someone (hey I offered them a free Xenium or X2 instead but they have a friend who has one and loves it). The trick is to backup the eeprom to the chip, then use the Web OS to flash the eeprom. The standard OS only flashes from tsop and restores from chip. So when I flashed a 1.4 eeprom to the chip it worked, then when I tried the restore from backup on the chip it hung, I rebooted and got the same thing, but reflashing from the Web OS with the 1.6 eeprom fixed it, so somewhat similar results. I am going to try the reverse later, putting a 1.6 on a 1.4 then restoring from backup just to see. I am too tired right now and might screw up the order laugh.gif

I no longer get black and white OS on High Def on my 1.6b

That's it for now, if I missed anything let me know.

Pezzar was going to try and test the PAL - RBG Scart issue on 1.6