xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xenium Suprise  (Read 381 times)

AlTheKiller

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

yes i went to all the trouble of signing in to x-s for the first time in i dont know how long to say this...
a.) forums are lame (this thread is a prime example of why)
b.) modildo's moms

kthx,
Al

EDIT: god damn smilies...

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob31320 @ Dec 24 2005, 06:11 AM) View Post

lol. if you take a closer look at the article you'll see they did update the OS (2.3.1) im sure its not the last one.

Yes, a year old bug fix. I covered it in my previous post.
And your right it might not be the last one, but odds are it's the last one for another year.

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

Crayzee, if you trully believe XODUS didn't have to make a chip and as you put it "Xodus doesnt require to update their OS". You truly are an idiot. I don't mean that as a flame, just fact.

Chevrolet and Dodge didn't have to make my 2 cars, but it was mutually benifitial for all parties involved.
I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't stay in business long if every year the just changed the color of their out dated cars.

I'd also be willing to bet if Gates decided Windows only gave updates once a year with new version purchases we'd all imbrace Linux or Mac.

By the way does anyone know or care what color their AMD or INTEL chip is??? I'm just glad it's not still a 286 but in a flashy Gold color.

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »

If you have been selling a product promising all kind of fancy features in the form of OS updates, you must acomplish the promises or old customers will be dissapointed making new customers go buying another brand.

The name of Xenium and this OS update just make me laugh. How stupid i was buying a Xenium ICE.

Artifex

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

XeniumOS 2.3.1 updater (without the gold edition skin) will be released for original and ice users next week.  Would be sooner, but... christmas and all.

The OS changes made in 2.3.1 are more substantial then they seem at first glance, and were necessary to lay the groundwork for additional features.

Skryer will be launched in January, although not how we had originally planned.  In the end, it will work out worse for us, but better for the community.

Oh... and it's not exactly "just a new gold plated chip".... the hardware saw some other changes as well.

And, no... before any ridiculous rumors get started.... the gold plating will not "short out your xbox" or any other such silliness.....
That guy had me laughing pretty hard.

--Arti

PC_Arcade

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Artifex @ Dec 24 2005, 09:32 PM) View Post

XeniumOS 2.3.1 updater (without the gold edition skin) will be released for original and ice users next week.  Would be sooner, but... christmas and all.

The OS changes made in 2.3.1 are more substantial then they seem at first glance, and were necessary to lay the groundwork for additional features.

Skryer will be launched in January, although not how we had originally planned.  In the end, it will work out worse for us, but better for the community.

Oh... and it's not exactly "just a new gold plated chip".... the hardware saw some other changes as well.

And, no... before any ridiculous rumors get started.... the gold plating will not "short out your xbox" or any other such silliness.....
That guy had me laughing pretty hard.

--Arti

Has the PAL RGB issue been fixed?

I asked you about it 11 months ago and was told it had been fixed and would be released shortly, can you confirm that 2.3.1 does fix this bug?

InfamousTK71

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

theres something abou this chip that dont make much sense to me......why they gotta have all this gold crap???? I dont get it

Laugh Out Loud

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »

Wow, such criticism would have been removed from the Xodus forums, namely from the pomboy pezzar. Thank god that female isnt on here...freedom of speech.

Other than the GOLD plating, what else makes the chip different from the ICE series, if any?

CrayZEE

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

so much bullshit. I dont go over to the Sony Forums and complain about my PSTwo not having Gears of War.
I bought the PSTwo as it is, i knew what it was when it came out and am happy since i got what i expected.

I dont know what you guys expected to be added to XOS that would improove your life so drastically.... If someone has truly an idea of what is missing in XOS, please, oh please, let me know. I think the BFM for Bios's has become obsolete with time as we see less and less Bios releases, and you just stick with one since they all pretty much do what they should/need.

And coming with "Xecuter gave the scene a Bios" each and every time, isnt this getting old? If you like Xecuter so much, go praise them on their forums. Let Xodus fans praise Xodus in their forums. Its ultimately just trolling to go talk bullshit there.

There is no "warning other people" involved in all these attacking posts. Xodus did not lie about their Product, and everyone can read the Xenium Reviews on the top. All i see is people like modiller who tried to scam various shops by registering their domains defend Xecuter while they weren't even attacked, how lame is that?

I enjoy Xodus doing a small chip for us, it leaves me more room to stock up more of em, since i install them like mad here. So yes, the Gold Plated Version is some bling bling that ultimately saves me space and makes my customer happy. They like bling bling, i enjoy having small chips for stocking reasons. And to top it off, they fixed bugs in their OS to create a platform to jump off. There wont be new features in an OS if the old bugs arent fixed, i think Xodus truly demonstrated their will to give us new features in the future by fixing their old bugs.

There are now not any critical bugs left, and they can finally move on to new features. I am thrilled to see what they have in mind. Although i dont see what else i need on their OS nor SmartXX OS to improove my usage or anyone elses, so let them surprise us.

Troll somewhere else....

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

First, looking at the pics i dont get it.  I'd like to see it installed.  

Second, complaining about the color of the chip and whether it is "bling" is lame.  I've gotten to the point that i dont care if its red, blue, yellow, orange, or green, and if it looks like a damn christmas tree with lights on it, as long as it works.  And yes, I used to be one to accuse Xecutor of all the bling, but really, I just stopped caring about that.  Old age I guess.  As long as my chip works, thats what I care about.

As far as some of the other gripes, I cant argue with you one way or the other.  Because I dont have your issues with xodus or the chip.  Only thing I can agree with its we wanna see results, not annoucements at this point.

So stop complaining about the PRODUCT itself, until its out.  Can't say a chip or os is anything until someone at least has it in their hands to try it.

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

So we have Artifex telling us XODUS has time to announce an announcement then 5x a few hours later they have time to make the announcement (updated website with fancy pictures and all). But they don't have time to add a link to the new OS (Christmas and all). Validating some of the hating going on IMO.

Then you have CrayZEE saving 3 inches of shelf space for every 50 XENIUM chips he keeps in stock. And swallowing Artifex's line "The OS changes made in 2.3.1 are more substantial then they seem at first glance, and were necessary to lay the groundwork for additional features". Sounds like more empty promises to me.

Let me ask everyone this "Is it a huge coincidence the year old bug fix OS paralelled their new gold chip?"
Or did they have an OS that fixed bugs their paying customers have been suffering with, that they held onto for selfish reasons?

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »

Any one care to wager the next OS doesn't come out until the next Diamond Encrusted Xenium comes out?
And then it will just be another Bug fix.
Of course we won't know for another year. sad.gif

johnnyrico

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

srsly ppl, stop complaining about a product we don't know anything about next to the facts it is smaller and has a gold color.
saying the gold color makes it suck is very lame.
just wait till it's in stock with resellers and HSDEMONZ has reviewed it, but before that, don't jump to conclusions without decent arguments.

and BTW: nobody's forcing you to buy it.

running_wild

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »

I used to defend the Xenium and Team Xodus - But this tears it.
I even dared to raise my hopes at this announcement - Maybe they really were commited to their product and it wasn't dead. Alas, it was not to be. They revamped there old product with a couple of bug fixes. Sure - its great for those who don't have one yet. But to the original customers - we are left in the dark.

I am getting my Xbox 360 next year in March (When it launches here in Australia) and there is no way I am now going to spend money on an LCD screen for my old console rather then the xbox's new brother. They hyped this "Skyrer" up far too long ago for the flame of exitement I had about it to be rekindled.

And no - Of course Xodus does not have to release updates for us. There was no contract - either verbal or written. But they did say they were dedicated to making it the best chip it could be. I feel it had far more potential then its current state. But no, Instead they chose to give Xbox chips (And their Income) one last bit of a boost for over the new year by making it shiny.

Well, I'll tell you what Team Xodus - You have a good new year. But I'm afraid if you do venture into the Xbox 360 market, I'll be damned if I'll believe your hype again.

johnnyrico

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

for christ sake ppl, stop making such a fuss about this damn chip.
SmartXX made a way larger mistake by showing off with X 360 devkits instead of immediately trying to reverse-engineer them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4