xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xenium Suprise  (Read 382 times)

tagler

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

its up now....

its a special edditon chip.... go figure...

http://www.teamxodus.com/

XeniumOS 2.3.1 Gold Edition:

- Fixed RTC access problems.  System clock is now read correctly, and overridden to a default time if not set
- Fixed heap allocation, full 64MB ram is now available to XOS (previously fixed at 21mb)
- Fixed task switch inconsistency. Task switch interrupt was previously using an inconsistent delay, causing unreliable performance
* Replaced red borders left on default skin
* New default skin exclusive to Xenium GOLD

Legend:
+ Addition
- Bug fix
* Change  

What is this new product called?  

XENIUM GOLD of course!  

Will go on pre-order in the next few days.  Hurry and order yours now.  

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

It's official.
It's hardware. (gold collectors edition) If I start collecting crap I'll pick one up.
Oh yeah, and a year old bug fix OS.
Let me stress the fact that it took a year for them to come out with bug fixes to their OS, no new features, just bug fixes.
If any one buys this new gold plated (UNSUPPORTED) piece of crap you are making a mistake.
I like alot of you who have XENIUMs watch as all the other chips are getting software updates and we get nothing but anouncements and different color chips. Oh yeah, I keep forgetting and a year old bug fix OS.
Lucky us.

tagler

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

i wonder if us, non-gold. users will get the OS update...

not like it matters too much anyways

i have to say i'm pretty disapointed.... if i end up doing the whole 360 thing.... i'm jumping on team xecuter's bandwagon... i'm getting pretty sick of this bs

acemilo

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Team xodus strikes again!  Seriously, a gold chip?  That's your big announcement?  How about os 3.0?  How about skryer?  Jeez, xodus really knows how to not give ppl what they really want/need.  If it were april 1 I would take this as a an april fools joke, but its just a regular joke.  Come on now, seriously, a gold chip?  This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  Plus they hyped it as something revolutionary.  Xodus is always good for a laugh at least.

crypysmoker

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

What a waste. I have now lost any remaining respect I had for xodus.   They have been talking about this skryer thing for a year, and then announce this as a huge thing. what a load of BS.  I really thought I would be ordering me a nice new LCD today, but nooooooo, its gold version of the chip I allready have and am perfectly happy with.
this just makes me mad. Im trading my xeniums for xecutors now

Pantera Opeth

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

reading that "major announcement" makes me feel dirty and used.  I do like my Xenium chip, but that's just sad  sad.gif

mitch2025

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

guess you all missed the part about it also being the smallest chip made. the picture of it next to the quarter pretty much shows how small it is. IMO that pretty revolutionary

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

I'm by no means an authority on chips and I don't know about you guys, but my chip stays hidden in my 'box and stays there.  It being gold and "the smallest chip ever"  doesn't really benefit anyone from the way I see it.  I guess that's just why I own an Xecuter.....

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Dec 23 2005, 08:30 PM) View Post

guess you all missed the part about it also being the smallest chip made. the picture of it next to the quarter pretty much shows how small it is. IMO that pretty revolutionary

WHAT ??!???

Who cares how big the chip is? Doesn't everybody install the chip and put the case back together and never see it again anyway??

I guess you missed the part about them taking a year to update their OS to just fix bugs ( no new features).

Lame team, with a poor idea of what modders want. IMO

Puckster069

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

Once again everyone acting like Xodus owes them something.  Get off your high horses for christsake... I am so sick and tired of everyone bitching and whining about the modchip group not providing things to them the way they want it.  Go to any forum and its all the same, no matter what modchip company.  Guess what, the XBOX is end of life..... here's your HUGE anouncement...  there will be NO revolutionary anouncements made regarding the modscene and XBOX...... there is nothing more they can do its all been done.  THere will never be a way to play on Live with backups.... get used to the idea its been said over and over and over again.  So sick of Xodus?  Sick of the fact that they provided a damn good modchip, with a free OS and occasional upgrades?  God what assholes!  How could they??!!  Make us all happy and go hang out in the SmartXX forum....

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

Yawn...

Xodus brings it all down on themselves though, they pull this huge announcement (which from any other team would be exciting) and they make an announcement regarding the announcement (very lame) then it just turns out to be a gold-plated product people already own. Yawn...

I for one wouldn't want a gold plated chip, gold conducts electricity extremely well and I don't really need the chip to somehow bridge a couple points during a bump and short out my Xbox.

Maybe they can do the LCD they promised form Day One? I'm not flamming, I just feel that if Xodus wants to talk big they need to have something to show for all their talk.

dslate

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

As said XODUS is all talk. If they were a little slow updating the OS I would be one defending them.
But instead they had all kinds of promises about Xenium specific apps, there was even talk about possibly running MAME off the chip itself. Which I didn't see any use for but it opened the door for huge possibilities for what a motivated Team could do if they wanted to support their chip. Then they started posting announcements about how great they are and how the other chips sucked.
At that point I was still on board because I was the proud owner of 2 chips and I wanted to think my Team was the best. Then the lack of updates started wearing on me and seeing them releasing white chips and now gold and still not updating the OS didn't help hold my support for them. Then anouncement after anouncement of promises.
All that being said, call me a Hater. I don't care. Just answer me one question.
What is the Summer Surprise?

new2moddin

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »

i'm only disappointed in the fact that they keep releasing the same modchip over and over and over.

Then to top it off, to see this newer 2.3.1 OS, you've gotta buy a 24carat gold plated modchip which is indentical to the one that resides in my machine at the moment.

Why didn't they announce the OS update as well as a gold modchip?  It seems that they keep making money via the next identical, re-skinned modchip.

We didn't see 2.0 until the Ice was made available and it came with that particular OS......but those of us that have already bought their modchip, get stiffed until there is a release.

To me, the Xenium is a great modchip which hasn't caused me a single problem but I do truly wish they would commit a little more to their promises and products.

CrayZEE

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

You guys need to freaking stop whining.

Did anyone know that Xodus didn't have to do this at all? They not only made a smaller chip gold plated; sure its not for those who already own a Xenium ICE. But if you are a fan of Xodus, its a nice gimmick! And beyond that, you get a freaking sweet OS Upgrade.

I think when each of those nagging haters inhere would have given it thought, they would just be quiet. Xodus doesnt require to update their OS or give out a smaller gold plated version of their chip. I think its nice for a change to see the old Xbox get some attention on xbox-scene again. I want it to live on for another few years and with Xodus and SmartXX producing new chips, i may very well pursue my modding until then.

I'm sorry, but if the X3 adds a XIR clone everybody embraces it that they can turn on/off their xbox with a remote, but if Xodus does something like this, you just get stupid retarded comments.

We should be happy for what we get on the old Xbox, it might not always be what you want but the days where there is real cash for modmakers are gone, and Xodus shown they remain with their fellow Xbox Fans for another year or so, their product is and was fine....

Maybe you guys would be happy if they made a new OS that isnt compatible with the old Xenium and they would sell that mod for 60$ at retail.... Then its new? Thats what many of you seem to want , isn't it? Well i rather have the old revamped and Xenium Compatibility, but its your choice....

I'm happy for what i get, wheter its Xodus, SmartXX or Xecuter. The Times are over where you bitch about products, there isnt even market anymore for them to do truly new modchips that wouldnt become a failure from their sales point. Just be happy for once.... Even i am... and i think i used to be the most bitchy person on the X-s Boards....

Modiller

• Archived User
Xenium Suprise
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

Did anyone know that Xodus didn't have to do this at all?

Ask your self what did they really do? Did they improve the ‘scene’ at all? Release a bios that works on all modchips across the board? Were the ‘intelligent’ people at Xodus able to develop a new feature which will completely change the modding scene as we know it!?! The answer is no, no and no. They released a new modchip which will only increase the size of moo240s (and staff) pockets to fund such bullshit posts coming from you.

But if you are a fan of Xodus, its a nice gimmick!

Craize this is one comment I truly respect of yours. You were able to admit Xodus truly is bullshit and really “a nice gimmick!”…

And beyond that, you get a freaking sweet OS Upgrade.

Let’s go over the features that were added to the new OS.

QUOTE(TeamXodus.com)
XeniumOS 2.3.1 Gold Edition:

- Fixed RTC access problems.  System clock is now read correctly, and overridden to a default time if not set
- Fixed heap allocation, full 64MB ram is now available to XOS (previously fixed at 21mb)
- Fixed task switch inconsistency. Task switch interrupt was previously using an inconsistent delay, causing unreliable performance
* Replaced red borders left on default skin
* New default skin exclusive to Xenium GOLD

Legend:
+ Addition
- Bug fix
* Change

You said “freaking sweet”… after reading that I have quite the bidder taste in my mouth. When was the last OS update? It was over 11 months ago. I understand that developing something unique and at the same time worth while bug free does take time…but 11 months for a couple bug fixes and a new skin isn’t reasonable at all. If Xodus released a stable build of XOS3 today, with new features that brought the Xenium to where it should have been months ago I would have been more than pleased to try it out, as I was once a loyal OZXodus fan and customer.

Xodus doesnt require to update their OS

Funny enough, that’s the exact same thing Artifex said months ago while getting flamed for the lack of updates. They don’t HAVE to update, but selling a product short of reliable says quite a lot about the company and staff behind it. Xecuter has not only released multiple X3 updates but X2 bios updates which are most likely to be found on a lot of Xenium chips.

I'm sorry, but if the X3 adds a XIR clone everybody embraces it that they can turn on/off their xbox with a remote

Clone? How is the X3IR a clone? Keep in mind, it does work on ALL modchips now so Xodus/SmartXX/etc users can embrace together in the joy of owning an Xecuter product! (sigh…)

Xodus shown they remain with their fellow Xbox Fans for another year or so, their product is and was fine....  

I never knew there was a built in timer on modchips that’ll make them completely useless after the Xbox scene is over. Modchips for xbox will continue to be around, while the xbox360 is being worked on by some of the greatest the scene has to offer. As for your comment about there product being fine… Xeniums by far have the highest number of RMA and were severely cloned several times.  

…so tell me Craize are you truly proud of what Xodus has to offer this time around or do you think this is just a gimmick?

- Modildy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4