xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Spice Chip  (Read 53 times)

mrrman

• Archived User
Xenium Spice Chip
« on: October 05, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

Does anyone have the same problem with these legs popping out of the holes once inserted.  Ive modded the Xbox and twice so far they have come out, 2 in total.  I was think of hot gluing or epoxying these legs in place.  Any comments on this.  Thanks

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
Xenium Spice Chip
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:04:00 AM »

you do know that you can't bend them slightly to create added tension, right?  this will keep them from 'popping out'

C o s m o

• Archived User
Xenium Spice Chip
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 07:06:00 AM »

Try the TEAM XODUS FORUM.  But, I already know what advice you will get.  Someone will say, "Solderless adapters are rubbish.  Solder it or pay someone to solder it for you".  For the most part they are right.  
That said, it doesn't sound like you are inserting the 1.6 adapter legs properly.  I have helped several people do this, and a lot of times they have this problem at first.  The legs need to be at just the right angle, and you need to apply just the right pressure.  Not enough and you'll pop-out.  Too much and you'll damage the leg or <GASP> your motherboard.
I have never seen a Xenium SPIce installation on a 1.6 box where these legs popped out after they were installed correctly.  It's more common for the black adapter to get misaligned on the LPC.

chefelf

• Archived User
Xenium Spice Chip
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 07:40:00 AM »

Moving to Xodus forums...