xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Sp Ice On 1.6b Boot Problems  (Read 27 times)

iceshooter16

• Archived User
Xenium Sp Ice On 1.6b Boot Problems
« on: September 17, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

Hey, I installed a SP ice into my friends v1.6b(i believe) xbox and installed a 120 GB seagate harddrive.  Everything was working fine till one day the xbox stopped booting evox and wouldn't boot the original msdashboard.  Sometimes the xbox would just freeze at the xbox loading screen, other times it would alternate between i think errors 5/13/15, all of which from my understanding delt with the dashboard not being able to load.  If I would let the xbox sit not turned on for like an hour or so then it would load up fine, but if i try and restart it it would usually jsut freeze.  I was finally able to put Slayers on it and install a new version of evox and the msdashboard and that seems to work for like a day, but then it goes back to freezing up and nothing working.  I have the newest evox bios installed(the one that supports 1.6 xboxs).  Do you think there could be a heating issue that is causing files on the harddrive to be corrupt?  I have search for a while now and nothing seems to be working.  I dont know if the chip is comming out of alignment and causing it not to boot, is the bios are bad, or what.  Also, when it is working the majority of the games that are on the harddrive just come up with dirty disk errors.  The dirty disk errors just started whenever the xbox starting acting real weird with booting.  I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section but i wasn't sure where else to put it.  So any help or input that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

acemilo

• Archived User
Xenium Sp Ice On 1.6b Boot Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

Sounds like the adapter is loose and just losing its connection often.  The errors are hd not locked and dash errors, so you prob don't have the ms dash on there or its not the right version, and its also booting to the chip off which is why the errors are appearing in the first place.  You will have to open it back up and secure the adapter better, either that or solder it or pay someone to solder it for you.  You won't have any probs after that.