xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Ice And 1.6 Fragging  (Read 41 times)

acemilo

• Archived User
Xenium Ice And 1.6 Fragging
« on: June 04, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

The chip shouldn't light blue if its good, it should light green.  Check all your points with a multimeter, the correct voltages are in my sig.

slash007

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 12:18:00 AM »

o.k, now to update, the xbox now stays on with the chip removed but frags with it on.  It does light up green though when it first comes on.  Does that mean that my lpc rebuild is the problem and not the pinheader?  thanks.

slash007

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

one more update, I just noticed that one of the pins on the pin header is just a little bit hight than the other pins.  would that have any affect?  thanks.

edit, i adjusted the pins so that they are even, but still no go.  one thing that i noticed though is that usually when it frags, on the first boot, the green light lights up on the chip and then on the 2nd and 3rd boots it is off, but a couple of times the light would come on all 3 boots and then stay on.  What does that mean?

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

In all of your updates you never mentioned what your voltages are or if they were right or wrong.  I'm 100% certain one or more of your points are not soldered right.  Check them with a multimeter before going any further.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

Irrelevant.  You need to know if your install is good before anything else and the only way to tell is to test it with a multimeter.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

It isn't my guide, I don't want to take someone else's credit, but it will indeed work for a 1.6 after the rebuild is done.  After you do the rebuild, your voltages should read what they say for over a 1.0.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

Like I said, its your soldering.  If you aren't reading the correct voltages, your points are not good.  You may have soldered to the wrong points or you aren't getting a good connection.  Some pics may help.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

If you still have your friends xbox to play with, try putting the chip in recovery mode by flipping the black switch and see what it does.

slash007

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 06:55:00 AM »

I tried that and it's the same.  without d0 connected chip stays on  and I get the xbox logo, and when connected it frags with no video.  thanks.