xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Will Blue Xenium Work With Sp-ice Adapter?  (Read 210 times)

acemilo

• Archived User
Will Blue Xenium Work With Sp-ice Adapter?
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

It won't work with the sp and I will tell you why.  The blue xenium needs to first be preflashed with the xos 2.0 or higher os to work on a 1.6 and you must ground the d0 (meaning the chip can never be fully off).  You could use it with the sp but you would have to solder the d0 to a ground point and then clip that wire off or wrap it with electrical tape.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

You have to solder a wire from any one of the 3 lframe (d0) points on the mobo to any ground point on the mobo (screw rings work great).  After that, either clip the d0 wire on the adapter or wrap the end in electrical tape, then the adapter *should* work with the chip but be aware you will not be able to boot off the tsop, so if you want to play on live you will need to flash the ms bios to a bank on the chip.

***Note*** This is ONLY necessary for blue xeniums!

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Mar 11 2005, 10:59 AM)
***Note*** This is ONLY necessary for blue xeniums!

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gumba @ Mar 10 2005, 07:50 PM)
only necessary for blue xeniums on xbox 1.6s smile.gif

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

Here's a neat trick that may or may not work.... I've never actually tried it, it's just a thought I've had.  In theory, it should be safe... but I take no responsability should you try it and it screws up your box/chip.  I'll run the idea by the hardware guys tomorrow, and have them look into it in more detail.

Install the SPICE as usual.  Then, take the blue/black d0 loom, and plug it into the appropriate spot on the chip.  Now, instead of soldering the blue/black wires to the motherboard, twist them together, so that the exposed wire portions at the end make good contact with eachother.  Wrap the end in electrical tape to avoid any shorts.

This should effectivly ground d0 through the chip itself, with no soldering.   smile.gif

If anyone wants to try this and report back, cool.  But again.... I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure that it wont cause issues.  I'll do some experimenting, and have the hardware guys do some technical analysis, and we'll let you know!

--Artifex

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Artifex @ Mar 10 2005, 10:25 PM)
Here's a neat trick that may or may not work.... I've never actually tried it, it's just a thought I've had.  In theory, it should be safe... but I take no responsability should you try it and it screws up your box/chip.  I'll run the idea by the hardware guys tomorrow, and have them look into it in more detail.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Mar 11 2005, 04:28 AM)
why would you post it unless you know it will work kinda pointless uhh.gif

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 02:57:00 AM »

Ok, we're going to go ahead and say that the method I suggested will work, and we see no risks associated with it.

smile.gif

--Artifex

Modiller

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

But your then losing the ability of going on xbox live, unless you flash retail bios to the chip. It works I guess, but it's stupid without a doubt.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Mar 10 2005, 11:28 PM)
why would you post it unless you know it will work kinda pointless uhh.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modiller @ Mar 11 2005, 01:58 PM)
But your then losing the ability of going on xbox live, unless you flash retail bios to the chip. It works I guess, but it's stupid without a doubt.

spyman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Mar 11 2005, 08:10 PM)
Many people who've goe the TSOP route and buggered an old motherboard thank god this is possible..

Definately, I can't tell you the # of people that have brough me a system with a bugged tsop.  A lot of them needing a retail bios for live.  (these arent people that opened up the system to mess around with it either)

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

If you ask me it would be stupider to try and solder in ANOTHER xbox and risk breaking another one!!

Actually, its not as easy as ppl think to damage the mobo if you know what your doin.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dindas @ Mar 14 2005, 07:08 PM)
So, i got my solderless adaptor today.  I was gonna try the thing that Artifex suggested doing, but i just realized, i don't have the D0 loom thing.

mitch2025

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »

i have a xenium BLUE chip in my xbox solderless and i dont have those blue and black wires even conected to the chip (because i bought the chip used from a friend and all i got was the chip and adapter) and it works fine. cant boot to the original dash (but thats because im missing a critical dash file lol) but before i updated my HDD it could load the original MS dash just fine. does that blue and black wire grounding thing only relate to the 1.6 adapter?
Pages: [1] 2