xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: 1.6 Adapter Is Here!  (Read 841 times)

christineyoung

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

Now if it becomes true that all SP's out will not work with other modchips solderlessly and all people require new one or add on board, I think we should hit Xodus the same way they hit clone sellers.   Return SP's demand money back and STOP credit Card payments, expect nothing more then the product you ordered and payed for! Unless they are willing to ship proper parts to all owners free of charge.  Only time will tell.  Also note it is now appearing as SP - ICE adapter( Ice as in there own chip and only work on ther chip ) on sites today rather then SP adapter a few days ago.

They are now stating design to be changed at manufacturer for other chips which equals redesign of PCB and adding of pogo pins for other modchips, which means the adapter you have now will not work with other modchips as is solderlessly, and will require soldering to us as is.

As for everyone with pre-1.6's it was clearly stated only to use the black plastic mold as if normal solderless adapter.

For poeple using a 5V modchip, remove pogo pin #6 and solder 5V direct from motherboard, one wire is better then 5.

cblaz86

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

I broke something.

On my second install attempt with the SP adapter, I snapped off one of the five copper wires that connect to the center of the holes.

Please tell me I can just solder this back in.

Artifex

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(christineyoung @ Mar 10 2005, 04:40 AM)
Now if it becomes true that all SP's out will not work with other modchips solderlessly and all people require new one or add on board, I think we should hit Xodus the same way they hit clone sellers.   Return SP's demand money back and STOP credit Card payments, expect nothing more then the product you ordered and payed for!

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(christineyoung @ Mar 9 2005, 11:40 PM)
Now if it becomes true that all SP's out will not work with other modchips solderlessly and all people require new one or add on board, I think we should hit Xodus the same way they hit clone sellers.   Return SP's demand money back and STOP credit Card payments, expect nothing more then the product you ordered and payed for! Unless they are willing to ship proper parts to all owners free of charge.  Only time will tell.  Also note it is now appearing as SP - ICE adapter( Ice as in there own chip and only work on ther chip ) on sites today rather then SP adapter a few days ago.

acemilo

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2005, 02:19:00 AM »

Glad to see you are on top of things.  I agree that ppl should be pissed if they were misled, but realistically you have to deal with resellers: the ppl that sold you the chip.  I have been quite public in pointing out the flaws of this adapter and the misconceptions of most ppl that it will work with an x3 right now solderlessly, but there really is no need to get all bent out of shape over it.  It is messed up tho that xodus waited until today (or yesterday depending on how you look at the time) to announce that there will be "configurations."  All it boils down to is if you bought this and expected it to work with an x3 or x2.6, return it to your reseller and let teamxodus now why you did so.

Artifex

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2005, 02:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Mar 10 2005, 08:50 AM)
I'll tell you what concerns me...

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »

smile.gif

Too much.

Maybe I'll start checking all my email again, and see who else in the scene plays these games..

2XNKOTE

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2005, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(cblaz86 @ Mar 10 2005, 06:26 AM)
I broke something.

msjf

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

Sweet...Go team Xodus

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
1.6 Adapter Is Here!
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

XENIUM SPICE NOW SHIPPING:
We are proud to announce that our much anticipated bundled package including, Xenium, Xsorease and our brand new 1.6 compatible adaptor are now shipping. As expected, with the release of yet another revolutionary product, demand has been overwhelming and we have been working night and day to fulfill back orders. We are glad to announce that we are now on track and that orders are shipping.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION
Despite our clear and concise announcements it appears that some retailers have caused confusion in the market by trying to separate the special SPICE bundle pack to sell adaptors separately. This will not work! We would like to make it clear to all that there is a distinct difference between the SPICE adaptor and the Xodus SP adaptor (not yet released).
The SPICE bundle pack has an adaptor that works off 3.3 volts and will work with chips that are 3.3 volts ONLY. It will not work with other chips.
The SP adaptor is the universal one that will work with other chips and it is not yet released. We have individually contacted retailers to clarify these points once again and we are ensuring that confusing text on sites is being rectified immediately. Our specially configured adaptor for the SPICE bundle is just that, specially configured and should not be confused in any way whatsoever with the universal SP adaptor designed for all other chips. We trust that the point is now made and that the difference is now crystal clear to all.

INSTALL MANUALS HERE
Included in this post are the install manuals that many of you have been waiting for. (Manual). Updated manuals for the 1.0 - 1.4 install will follow shortly.

http://www.pictures....005/S.P.Ice.pdf
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]