xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sucessful Mod Install, Cant Boot Games  (Read 51 times)

acemilo

• Archived User
Sucessful Mod Install, Cant Boot Games
« on: February 12, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

Did you bother searching?  No?  What a surprise.  Sorry to be sarcastic but seriously you took no effort to solve such an easy problem on your own.  You havent flashed a bios yet, so you can't do anything with it.  Go download a bios from the usual places and flash it.  After that you will need to load slayers to repair the hard drive.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »

If you burned Slayers correctly you can flash a bios from the Slayers CD. Under the Launch item, add item, flash, then browse to system,all, newbioses, and choose x2_4983.06_256k. Then reboot the Xbox, choose launch item and launch the new mod bios with the Slayers in the drive. Setup the retail HD. You can choose to install aps from the disc as well.

PS, since we were right on TeamXodus and you fubared the box on your own, I figure me, Cap, and Sygma can split that Benjamin 3 ways right?

koin2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

i MUST be doing something wrong, you all keep saying flash a freakin bios.

LETS SAY I WENT TO THE USUAL PLACE, FOLLOWED THE LINK WHICH TOOK ME TO THE TEAMXECUTOR WEBSITE, TO DOWNLOAD "X3 Bios Build 2913"...

NOW, I'M AT THEIR SITE, I GOTO THE DOWNLOADS SECTION.  NOW THAT I AM HERE, I WILL LOOK FOR THE "X3 Bios Build 2913", AND WOW, IT'S NOT HERE!

AT THIS POINT I SAY TO MYSELF, MAYBE  "X2 BIOS MANAGER V2.3 OR FLASHBIOS V3.01" COULD BE WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR.  SO I DOWNLOAD THEM BOTH.

THEY HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADED, AND ARE LOCATED ON MY WINDOWS DESKTOP.

I BROWSE TO MY WINDOWS DESKTOP.

(KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE 300TH TIME I'M DOING THIS, SO TRY TO IGNORE MY SARCASM TOWARDS ANYONE WHO MIGHT CLAIM I'M LAZY AND NOT TRYING EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE).

ON MY DESKTOP I HAVE
"x2bm_v23.zip" ( X2 Bios Manager v2.3 )
and
flashbios_v303.rar

I EXTRACT ALL 5 FILES TO IT'S OWN LITTLE CUTE DIRECTORY.  I EXECUTE X2BM.EXE, IT'S THE ONLY EXECUTABLE FILE IN THE DIRECTORY.  

AND WOW, I WAS EXPECTING, MAYBE A DAMN BIOS TO BE INCLUDED?  HMM..I SCRATCH MY HEAD AND SAY TO MYSELF, EVERYONE CLAIMS IT'S HERE, WHY DO I NOT SEE ANY BIOS IMAGE FILES??  I DECIDE TO OPEN UP THE README.

The instructions seem to show steps necessary to "create a new image from scratch".  It says something along the lines of select the size of the image you wish to create then select bank 0, and press the "import bios into bank".  Heres my first issue, THERE IS NO DAMN BUTTON ANYWHERE SAYING IMPORT BIOS INTO BANK, NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT.  So I figure maybe they mean click on the "OPEN FOLDER" icon, so I do that.  BAM, is a BIOS IMAGE supposed to come out of the sky?????  

So that's dead end number one.

SO AT THIS POINT I FIGURE OK, THEY MUST BE TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER FILE I DOWNLOADED, THAT MUST BE A BIOS IMAGE.  SO I GO BACK TO MY DESKTOP

I execute and extract the only two files in the zip file.  One appears to be a BIOS image.  So I'm thinkin' "NICE, finally."  WRONG.

The two files were a readme and the image, the readme just stated that it's been tested on all the motherboard versions listed in it, and it had a small list of 1.0-1.6b.  The rest was like 2 lines of details about something irrelevant.

SO AT THIS POINT I'M THINKIN, THROUGH FTP I CAN UPLOAD THIS IMAGE TO MY XBOX VIA FTP SERVER AND EXECUTE THIS OR "FLASH" THIS ONCE IT'S BEEN SENT.  SO YES, I UPLOAD IT TO C:\BIOS ON THE XBOX.  

NOW I WALK OVER TO MY XBOX, TURN IT ON.  IT TURNS ON.  I AM NOW IN THE XENIUM OS 2.0.1 OPERATING SYSTEM INTERFACE.  I CLICK LAUNCH MENU.  I CLICK ADD NEW ITEM.  I SELECT FLASH TO BROWSE FOR THE IMAGE I JUST UPLOADED TO MY XBOX.  I NOW ENTER C:\, THEN I GO INTO THE DIRECTORY I MADE "BIOS", WHERE I UPLOADED FLASHBIOS_V303.BIN.  (KEEP IN MIND ALL EXISTING FILES ON MY XBOX HARD DRIVE WERE FORMATTED WHEN I WAS ATTEMPTING TO FIX THINGS, SO THERE ARE NO OTHER FILES ON MY HARD DRIVE TO WORK WITH).  Now I select the flashbios_v303.bin file, and it wants a bank name.  I name it "bios", then I select DONE.  Then it asks me what color for LED, I choose green.  Then it says "Added launch item!"

At this point I'm happy, I'm thinking finally a bios image has been loaded, maybe now I can play games or at least run the slayer CD.  WRONG.

So I decide to execute "bios" (the item I JUST added to the launch menu).

I execute it,.  It brings me to a blue screened interface.  Says FlashBIOS 3.0.3, shows info about my hard drive and the dvd drive.  I have the following options:

Enable Network Flashing
Load BIOS from HDD (c:\bios)
Lad BIOS from Disc
Unlock HDD
Lock HDD

ONCE AGAIN, DEAD END.  NEITHER OF THESE TWO FILES CLAIMING TO BE BIOS'S ON THE USUAL PLACE SITE WERE BIOS IMAGES TO DO WHAT I NEEDED TO DO WITH.

I even tried loading bios from disc and putting the slayer CD in thinking maybe it could pull something off that, didn't work either.

Could someone please actually help me, I am now willing to pay 200 US Dollars, this is not a joke, I seriously need my XBOX to work.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and ignored my heated sarcasm towards the people who think I "didn't bother searching".

I've done more research than I feel I have to, and I'm beginning to think theres something else wrong with my XBOX because no one else seems to be having this problem.

Thank you.

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

1) PM me an email address

2) You burned Slayer's on a CD and cant read it? Maybe you have an older Thomson or non-Samsung drive. Samsung appears to be the only one (maybe that new new new one) to be able to read CDRs. Try reburning Slayer's on a CDRW or DVDR preferrably.

2a) If you still have Slayer's ISO on your harddrive, and don't have a CDRW/DVDR you can use XDFSExtract or Craxtion to extract the files from the ISO and manually put them in place. Takes longer and more room for a mess up. I'd go w/ the CDRW route, if DVDR is not an option. If neither is an option, well, you'll have to figure out what goes where. Its not SUPER hard. But does take time.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

koin check your PM

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

Lemme guess, you burned it on a cdr?  Asking for a bios will get you banned.  Bioses are illegal, therefore you won't find them on any website and flashing a xenium with an x3 bios is just asking for trouble.  Anyway, take the time to read the dozens of tutorials that give you step by step instructions instead of asking noob questions

Edit:  When your hd is blank, you won't be able to boot anything once the xbox errors.  Therefore, just put the slayers dvd in, turn off the xbox, then turn it back on and it will boot.  If it doesn't you either didn't burn it right, or your using crappy media.

koin2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

ALSO:

When I boot up with slayer in the drive and get error 16, it displays that error 16 = Dashboard files/settings incorrect.  You still think it's my media?

koin2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

Okay I got slayer to boot, the CDR one worked.

thebroken

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »

it may "boot" off the cdr but it might cause errors in the install which is bad

thebroken

koin2

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »

smile.gif