xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 4981 Bios Loaded, Won't Boot Avalaunch  (Read 87 times)

Rabid1

• Archived User
4981 Bios Loaded, Won't Boot Avalaunch
« on: December 31, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ado07 @ Jan 1 2005, 05:51 AM)
I got the bios loaded to the launch menu and it won't load avalaunch. I have the avalaunch.iso on a CDRW and it will not read it. It also will not connect on FTP, I have smart FTP and it says "no response from the server". How to get either one of these working?

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »

Make sure that the main avalaunch file is called DEFAULT.XBE ... if it is something else, like avadash.xbe, it won't be bootable. In order for an XBOX app disk to be bootable, the main program has to be named default.xbe.

Extract the .iso contents to a folder on your PC and look to see what files are in it. You may need to rename the file and then create a new .iso to burn to get a bootable dash on disk.

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

If the name of the file burnt to the disk is not default.xbe, it will not boot. In order to boot, it must be named default.xbe.  Change the file name, create a new .iso with Qwix, then burn it, and you should be able to boot the dash if the burn went right.

Once the dash is running off of the disk, you can then use FTP or the dash file explorer to copy the dash to the XBOX hard drive.  Make sure to name the default.xbe file to one of the names that your bios looks for or it won't boot from the hard drive...

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

Dude - i have the answer.

It's becase you have the folder called Avalaunch correct.

You need to have each file on cd.

I mean - when you open the cd you should not get the avalunch folder - you must get each file on the cd - or if you are going to send the file via FTP to your xbox - you have tos end each ile to the C:/drive - you don't send the hole Avalaunch folder and then launch - you haev to send 1 by 1 and the folders called shoutcast and media(i think) those are the only folders you send - but the other files you haev to send 1 by 1.

Same on cd - you have to add 1 by 1 to cd - not the avalaunch folder

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

Change the C:\default.xbe to C:\avalaunch.xbe. You only need it named default.xbe if you are launching it from a CD.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(ado07 @ Jan 1 2005, 08:53 PM)
Alright, now I can get Avalaunch to load and the menu comes up however, at the bottom it says that it is trying to connect to some *.*.nasa.gov site.  Soon after, like 5 seconds at most, it freezes the xbox.  I looked at the xml file and it has nothing about the nasa site connection.  One thing I don't get is that the xml file is using F:\games and I don't have an F:\ period.  Could this be the problem or would it be something like the xbox trying to connect to the nasa site and it's not even connected to the Internet.  Any help would be cool.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

Specifically, look for the line:

<apod enabled="0" random="1" explanation="1"/>

and make sure that the 0 is a 0 and not a 1  tongue.gif

It should have been off by default though....

ado07

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »

Alright, everything works now but the file manager.  It just freezes when I select it.  Also when I connect from the PC through FTP it shows F:\ (Err: 1005 Free).  I don't know if this has anything to do with it.  My file manager line looks like: <item presetname="File manager" function="FileManager"/>

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

Since you don't have an F: drive, disable it (You can do it from with in ava...) That may be why the file manager is freezing...

ado07

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

I disabled F and it still freezes when I click on file manager. I also got a new router today and I can not connect to the xbox anymore. Don't know why, It shows lights for both things being connected.