xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 - Xenium Ice - No Video **fix**  (Read 146 times)

Artifex

• Archived User
1.6 - Xenium Ice - No Video **fix**
« on: December 27, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dankbud @ Dec 28 2004, 05:11 AM)
Ive been working on this 1.6 for like 3 days now. i have soldered and resoldered all the points and double checked everything! but i kept getting no video at all. so finally for the fuck of it i made a recovery xenium OS 2.2.1 (reset to default) update dvd. put the switch on recovery, turned it on it went through the LED cycle and shut off. then i turned it back on and POOF (good poof)! VIDEO! Something with the older OS of the chips and the 1.6 dont mix. this happened to 2 box's in the past week for me. i forgot i did that to the first, i thought it was solder points but i was wrong. so UPDATE TO 2.2.1 OS if you get no video. HTH!

Sabre22

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

Dankbud, i'm glad you got it working.  biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif

S

Dankbud

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(tnbigdawg @ Dec 28 2004, 09:21 PM)
My Xenium Ice came with OS 2.0.1 and it worked fine on my 1.6b. You probably had a bad bios flashed.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dankbud @ Dec 29 2004, 12:20 PM)
i couldnt get the OS to load to flash a bios onto them. this happened to me 3 times now. all same thing. updated and then it worked.

Divian

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

Did you just not had any video?
How was the led like on the Xenium ice and the Eject button?

cause I have a problem with Xenium ice OS2.01 --> was preinstalled on 1.4 with X2 bios. But can't get to OS nor to original dash once all desinstalled...

--->http://forums.xbox-s...opic=329284&hl=
ps: Let me know if this is some kind of similar problem...

thx in advance!!

Dankbud

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Divian @ Dec 29 2004, 08:03 PM)
Did you just not had any video?

droobie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 04:19:00 AM »

I had this happen on a 1.6B last week trying to install 2.2.0 from hard drive.  Using the 2.2.1 CD with the restore defaults fixed the problem and I sent the machine out.  The 1.6 I did with the ICE as well had no problems at all.  I think sometimes maybe things just get screwed up.  It tried to grab 2.2.0 e:\recovery.bin 20 times but the result was still the same, good download to the flash but no video.

I figured it was just me, go figure. smile.gif  2.2.0 worked fine on my Halo 1.4 with the old Blue as well.

soilfreeze

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

I think there may be something more than a flash of the OS for this problem.  I modded a box for my brother that left me working perfectly fine on OS 2.0.1.  He has reported to me twice now that the 1.6 box with a Blue Xenium has had no video with the Blue (green) eject light flashing.  The first time he had been watching a DVD and when he tried to eject it, it would not eject and presented the error.  After trying many on/offs and such he finally opend the box, opened the DVD top and manually removed the DVD, unplugged the DVD and hard drive and walla, the xbox worked just fine.  Now tonight he has called to say the box has again stalled with no video.  Thinking that the hard drive was the problem he disconnected it but, nothing.  Unplugged the DVD, nothing.  Then opened the DVD cover again, no DVD inside, but the main spindle appeared stuck and after nudging it, the box again came to life.  It seems for this case anyway that it has something to do with the DVD drive.  I know others are updating the OS, but it is not working through the hard drive, only a DVD update.  Question: Can the OS work and then stop working and then work again and so on.  I have yet to have him try the update to OS 2.2.1, but I will have him do so and see if any problems continue.  It just seems odd that the DVD has twice fixed the problem without any OS tinkering.  By the way, he has a Phillips DVD drive.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(soilfreeze @ Jan 2 2005, 01:58 AM)
I have yet to have him try the update to OS 2.2.1, but I will have him do so and see if any problems continue.

Divian

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gero2 @ Jan 2 2005, 10:46 PM)
My 2 cents, xenium os 2.0.1 didn't work on 1.6 with rgb cable, no video all black, but it does work with included composite cable! blink.gif

Dankbud

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Divian @ Jan 2 2005, 06:00 PM)
I use the regular AV cable included with xenium ice v2.0.1 OS and christmass lights...

Dankbud

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

id unsolder even the pin header, take it all out. try to boot. if it dont boot then its def a solder splash or burnt trace.... try taking the pin header out and the jumpers... and then turn it on.