xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Red Light On Xenium No Os Screen.  (Read 750 times)

..::SEBBY::..

• Archived User
Red Light On Xenium No Os Screen.
« on: December 19, 2004, 04:30:00 AM »

has the d0 springwire come loose?

wicked_evil36

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 05:52:00 AM »

i have the same problem...and i didnt even get the bois on there ...i just setup the network it restarted and nothing solid red light....when i looked and it again i notice the spring do wire was broken...so now i have the pin header installed now

mkulrey13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

Same Problem.... Soldered chip down VIA quick solder and soldered the d0 on the underside.

Oneinchbiceps

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »

Well I broke my D0 wire while installing it the first time. I solder it back into place and it worked fine. Now I figured it could of been it so I tired fixing it. Removing replacing it. Nothing worked, filed down the plastic around the d0 connection, then soldered a wire with the thin d0 wire onto it then installed. Didn’t work.

So after mangling my solder less adapter and removing the HD and Disc drive several times I’ve solved nothing. Anyhow I’ve had enough fun for today. I think I’ll try tomorrow without the rivets in the holes. I’ll probably end up in doing the quick solder and throw my adapter out. Figured it was a waste of money, looks like I was right.

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

Ground your chip that solved my problem with my xbox I had all the same problems too after I grounded my chip my xbox has worked perfect smile.gif

Oneinchbiceps

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

Alright just did the Pin head installation, Its up and running again. Thank God. Yeah I grounded the black wire on the D0 removable wire to a screw socket.  So I hope that's what I was suppose to do, sorry I'm not good on the patience side when it comes to these things. Ran the blue one under the board and connected to the D0 point.

mkulrey13

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

I have the solderless adapter... how can i go about grounding the chip? I know yelling at it wont do anything!! thanks

bishop05

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

Do yourself as favor and just solder it in, that will solve all your problems...

Heres a pic how to ground it
http://www.theinnerw...om/DSC00521.JPG

mkulrey13

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(bishop05 @ Dec 22 2004, 01:22 AM)
Do yourself as favor and just solder it in, that will solve all your problems...

mkulrey13

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

ahhhh thank you sooooo much <3 saved my friend from buying a new chip biggrin.gif thank you!!!

mkulrey13

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

grrr now it wont work anymore.... it worked once shut off and now no OS again..... wire hasnt moved... wtf help please

bishop05

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(mkulrey13 @ Dec 21 2004, 10:33 PM)
grrr now it wont work anymore.... it worked once shut off and now no OS again..... wire hasnt moved... wtf help please

mkulrey13

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

I had it VIA quick solder... if yea read above  it didnt solve the problem.... grr why me  thanks for the pic

+ a solder pad is gone kuz my friend is a dumbass.... so NO soldering will not help just make things worse... biggrin.gif any other ideas?