xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Suddenly Stops Working, But Aladdin Works..  (Read 40 times)

kcassady

• Archived User
Xenium Suddenly Stops Working, But Aladdin Works..
« on: October 15, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

ohmy.gif

kcassady

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

sad.gif

pROvIs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

our of curiosity.  about how many times have you flashed the chip?

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »

147F? thats a bit too high dont you think? Mines at a comfy 108F. Perhaps thats the problem and that u must have splashed some solder or something on the ICE. Ive had my ICE now for months with no problems.

smack_blitz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

just contact bmmods and ask for a exchange.  your case is very strange to me.  I also did pinheaders.  Booted first, and still goin for a month now.  

IMO,  it could very well be the chip.  If you have access to another ICED xbox, you can try ur chip on it to see if it works or not,  to be sure.

good luck

smack_blitz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »

If you installed it urself, i would definately think human error.  But u got it installed by a pro, and used pinheaders, not solderless.  I really think it's the chip.  And the fact that another chip worked after removing the xenium.  

I wouldn't worry about gettin another ice.  Maybe it's just a stroke of luck that u got a defective chip.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

The temperature reading on a 1.6 is either inaccurate or just plain wrong... ignore it.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

kcassady: Only thing I can think of: check where the 3.3v wire was soldered. The point your installer may have used could very well be the one that provides an unstable 3.3v that could cause the very symptoms you're reporting.

Also, the Aladdin uses 5V instead of 3.3V, so this would also lend towards this explanation.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

Then I really shouldn't be able to just swap the chips, they run on different voltages, correct?
Of course you should! The different voltages come on different LPC pins. See this diagram:

user posted image

As you can see, the VCC 3.3V and VCC 5V are on different pins (Note, this diagram is of a 1.0 xbox from the top, but you egt the idea)

As for the 3.3V point, show your installer these:

user posted image

vs.

user posted image

Tell him it should look like the first one and not the second (For 3.3V anyways).

kcassady

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

Thanks appleguru, of course how silly of me, the voltages are on different pins that makes perfect sense.  I guess my head was swimming with all this to take in at once.  As for the 3.3v, the top most photo is the one I took to the installer, so that's how things should be done.  Anyways this weekend I'll crack my box and take a peek to see that's how it was done.  Thanks again.