xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evoxm8  (Read 217 times)

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chris_NEPA @ Oct 6 2004, 08:16 PM)
Sometimes the simpler Evox is better than avalaunch or something else. Say for me, I don't play online games, I'm not connected with my xbox to the pc 24/7, so all the features everyone seems to be saying are great are pretty much useless unless you have your setup hooked to the pc/internet all the time.

psssh

my xbox isn't always internet connected...  wink.gif

does Evox have a built in filemanager? other more advanced features? wheather you like it or not... due to the large amount of noobs using it... i consider it a "noob dash" as do many others....

And what's the diff between the xecuter x2 4983 bios and the new x3 configlive beta1859? And since I'm a n00b I'm wondering why is the xecutor bios better than the evox m8 bios?

the x3 bios only works on an X3  dry.gif
the xecuter bios is just better in my opinion... i did not like the M7 or M8 bioses....

i think i'm a Xodus heretic for using an Xecuter bios on a Xenium  laugh.gif

Chris_NEPA

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 7 2004, 02:36 AM)
psssh

my xbox isn't always internet connected...  wink.gif

does Evox have a built in filemanager? other more advanced features? wheather you like it or not... due to the large amount of noobs using it... i consider it a "noob dash" as do many others....

the x3 bios only works on an X3  dry.gif
the xecuter bios is just better in my opinion... i did not like the M7 or M8 bioses....

i think i'm a Xodus heretic for using an Xecuter bios on a Xenium  laugh.gif

I'm not sure what other advanced features you mean. When I tried it all I saw was a bunch of online features, there really wasn't anything included except the file manager and the online stuff, unless I completely missed seeing things.

(I haven't even figured out How to connect to the internet with my xbox, I spent 8 hours the other day trying and all I managed to do was correctly configure it to ftp to, so for now online features just don't seem usefull to me.)

And about 2 years ago I had an xbox with a matrix chip, and back then I used evox with the old evox bios and boxplorer, dvd2xbox, etc, so I guess I'm just partial now to those things since it's what I started out with.

I will try the x2 bios in a few days when I re-hook the xbox to the pc though. (You should see my cable, it's 25 ft long, and the distance from the xbox in my bedroom to the pc out in another room is almost exactly 25ft, so the cable is suspended at waist height cutting the rooms in half cux t's pulled so tight between the two things. Not practical to keep connected for very long...lol.)

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chris_NEPA @ Oct 6 2004, 09:09 PM)
(I haven't even figured out How to connect to the internet with my xbox, I spent 8 hours the other day trying and all I managed to do was correctly configure it to ftp to, so for now online features just don't seem usefull to me.)

use linksboks web browser... and people said a xbox web browser wasn't possible...  laugh.gif

I will try the x2 bios in a few days when I re-hook the xbox to the pc though. (You should see my cable, it's 25 ft long, and the distance from the xbox in my bedroom to the pc out in another room is almost exactly 25ft, so the cable is suspended at waist height cutting the rooms in half cux t's pulled so tight between the two things. Not practical to keep connected for very long...lol.)

0_0
me too... 25 foot cable from my den to the tv room with the hdtv... and the distance is 25 feet! and you can nearly buy another xbox for a wireless adapter.... sigh...

And about 2 years ago I had an xbox with a matrix chip, and back then I used evox with the old evox bios and boxplorer, dvd2xbox, etc, so I guess I'm just partial now to those things since it's what I started out with.

and i was going to call you a noob origanally... but you write with too much confidence to be a noob... matrix... that IS old   laugh.gif

Chris_NEPA

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 6 2004, 09:23 PM)
and i was going to call you a noob origanally... but you write with too much confidence to be a noob... matrix... that IS old   laugh.gif

biggrin.gif  Thanks  biggrin.gif

Oh, and one final question for the night wink.gif

Which x2 bios should I try with my v1.4?

x2_4983.06_256k.bin or x2_4983.67_256k.bin

Both came in the rar from "the usual place", so I'm not sure which to try.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »

.67 has F and G: for Hard Drives over 140GBs... use .06 for less than 140GBs....

Chris_NEPA

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 6 2004, 10:01 PM)
.67 has F and G: for Hard Drives over 140GBs... use .06 for less than 140GBs....

Thanks a lot for that info. I'm hoping to get a 160gb seagate drive for Christmas, so that'll really help me out if/when I do get one.  wink.gif

Gumba

• Archived User
Evoxm8
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Oct 7 2004, 04:01 AM)

No,

.06 will put all the space on an F drive, even if the HD is over 137GB.

You should use .06 unless you have an HD over 250GB, or you're already using a large (over 137GB) HD and only have access to the first 137GB and don't want to reformat.

.67 is for two situations, 1) you formatted a large (>137GB) without LBA48 support and now want to access the space above 137GB without reformatting, or 2) you have a drive about 250GB and want to avoid the 256GiB/partition limit.

You should use .06 if you can as a G drive just causes compatibility headaches.

--

The major unique feature of the modern X2 bioses is that they have Xbox Live Protection. Other features which are important and built in are IGR (and its the best), LBA48 support, Eject Trick, etc.

If you don't have a 1.6 xbox, then you should be using the X2 4983 or 4981 bios (4981 can be edited with XBTool, 4983 cannot)
Pages: 1 [2]