xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: -=upgrading The Bios=-  (Read 92 times)

bellum80

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« on: October 04, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

make sure your media is readable. most dvds can read cd-rw and dvd media  I dont' know off the top of my head so do a search for it.  second you don't just put the iso on the cd as data  an ISO is an image of a cd.  you need to use soemthing like nero  and there is an option in nero to burn a CD from an ISO.     that is what you use.      I havn't done the ISO  way yet  but that is how you normally burn an ISO (unless xodus  has a different reason for it)   good luck  I hope I explained that ok

elwill0207

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

well thanks for the reply; howvever, i did burn it on Nero. Nothing happend I booted via the open button. I also tryied going to the ms dash, and it gave me the unrecognized disk error.

Thanks

GuyBrush

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

smile.gif

get it in the usual places (see tuts on xs)
the either ftp this to your box or burn it to cd/dvd and then select launch menu from xos and add new item, select flash, select drive where bios is, etc, etc

this new launch item is your key to getting into your normal dashboard

use instant boot/quick boot to allow u to bypass xos and boot directly to this bios
select bios as default and what not (read other tuts-I'm feeling lazy now)
pressing eject will boot xos if u use above

bellum80

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

ok let me just expan a little just to make sure you are understanding me.  Sorry if it's insulting   some people don't have alot of experience with burning cds.

you arn't really putting anyfiles onto the cd you are buring an ISO the iso will unpack the files ontot he cd on it's own for you.

In nero  you get a make new cd menu  that says create ISO  cd   or something like that  (that is for creating a new ISO)   don't use that.   close that window down and in the menu somewhere there is an option that says create cd from ISO  (maybe create from image) .   after you click it  it will ask you to select the iso.  after you select it, it comes right to the burn screen.        again sorry if you knew this already.  

The way you phrased your origninal question about putting files on the dvd lead me to this.

GuyBrush

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

tongue.gif

in nero its

recorder > burn image

from the top menu

bellum80

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

elwill0207

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

bellum80

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

what GuyBrush  said.   the xenium os is not a bios.   so you don't add it to launch item.    when doing the HDD method  you   put the recovery.bin file on E    then you hit the recovery option on the main menu.      this will start the process.  

also there have been some problems with the xenium ftp where it doesn't transfer correctly and the bin file fails.  so ftp it with an alternative method.   i like I used samba and it worked fine.

oh yeah on a 1.6  unlock you HD.

GuyBrush

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

sleeping.gif  I'm going to sleep now...

elwill0207

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

Ok on upgrading the software in recovery mode i got a continual error. bootldeReedData daa not ready.. kept saying and scrolling that. Any advise?

elwill0207

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

I also tried to put the recovery.bin in every folder via ftp. i keep getting scrolling message. "boddle data not ready"

elwill0207

• Archived User
-=upgrading The Bios=-
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

Ok people i understand. But i get an error while in recovery mode. Something like disk not found Bootldedata nor ready. Now what ?