xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Im About To Give Up.. Damn Pin Header  (Read 74 times)

acemilo

• Archived User
Im About To Give Up.. Damn Pin Header
« on: September 10, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

Pin headers are about the easiest thing to do, all you do is hold the iron on an angle on both the pin and the hole and touch the pin and hole together with the solder spool (note not on the iron but the pin).  If you lift the chip off the pins, does it boot as normal?  If not the rebuild is bad.

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 06:35:00 AM »

Make sure each of the 5 LPC rebuild wires are going to the correct places. It is very easy for your eyes to cross and get the wire in the wrong hole... that would be what I look for first. Also check for solder splashes. Make sure your board is clean. Make sure there aren't any wire trimmings shorting something out.

TooHuge

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

I would turn the power on and within like 1 maybe 2seconds it would flash all diff colors then boot to the os with no light on. I could not boot to recovery, would not work for me.

TooHuge

omg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »

what you mean by os xenium or xbox

it sounds like you had the chip in recovery and it tried to flash and cause you had no recovery.bin file where it should have been then it didnt work

on the chip where is the dip switch?

TooHuge

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

by it booting to os i meant the xenium OS. But while i was in here I could not do anything. When i would try and add the tsop or do anything it would just crash. The chip was not in recovery mode at this time, Because I manually switched the chip to recovery when i was testing things out.

TooHuge

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

wink.gif

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (TooHuge @ Sep 14 2004, 03:07 PM)
Its an Ice chip, and I am installing it with the X on the chip facing the back of the case. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Gonna take another look at it in a few hours.

TooHuge

The trick with pin-headers I find is to clean the LPC beforehand so you can get the solder to actually 'stick'

With the flashing multicolour cycling, make sure the chip isn't in recovery mode by flicking the little recovery switch the other way, or back and forth

TooHuge

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

Well over lunch I took a look at my soldering points. Everything looks really good. Works with the chip off, but keeps on rebooting with the chip on. Could the chip posibly be bad? I have 2 of them so I may try the other one as well. I may take the older mod out of my buddies xbox and put it on to see if it works or not. Will the chemelon mod work on the 1.6 with the lpc rebuild?

Thanks
TooHuge