xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Boots Three Times Than Frags  (Read 84 times)

acemilo

• Archived User
Xbox Boots Three Times Than Frags
« on: August 06, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »

Yep, your d0 (lframe)  isnt soldered right.  Does the light on the chip light up when its on the pins?  How did you handle the lframe, the top or the bottom?  I did the lframe on the bottom and soldered it to the pad on the top of the chip.  Resolder the wire, should be fine.

drRAVALOT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

if the light on your chip turns on...it means i think that it has no bios ..or it has one that is a bad flash. you have to switch your chip in recovery mode manually on the chip switch the switch to the white.. then you turn it on and u should see recovery mode...then load bios...and wait 4 it to turn off.. then switch the switch back and then your all set.

Evhoria

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »

In my past experience... when it boots three times and then starts to frag it happened to always be a lpc soldering problem. If the problem isn't yet fixed look into that and let me know what happens.

outs

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 07:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (Bungmanjesus @ Aug 7 2004, 06:47 AM)
I just put my xenium ice in my 1.6 xbox and now whenever I try turning on my xbox it boots up three times than starts fraging. When I take the ice chip of the pins the ms dash loads up fine but whenever the ice chips on the pin it will do the triple reboot and frag anyone know whats wrong?

I have exact same problem too. i´ve checked with the multimeter, soldered again and everything should be fine but it boots up three times and starts fraging.

terminator6874

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

Hey guys don't mean to interrupt, but when you say the white on the chip for the switch, what does that mean?

Gimplar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

check your LPC rebuild just to be sure?

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

hey, i'm having same problem.  well, similiar.  i dont even get a light off of the chip.  just reboots 3 times and frags.  doubled checked solder points.  double checked continuity.  still all no go.  i could really use the help also.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »

just another note to mine, resoldered lpcs, moved d0 from top to bottom, still not working.  no light on chip.  boots 3 times, then frags away.  pull chip out, works fine.

JudoChinX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 01:42:00 AM »

Make sure yo uarent putting the chip on backwards. With all of the other modchips besides xenium, there doesnt seem to be a way to put it in wrong, however, the xenium is different. Check that. It will give you frag if you have it in backwards (obviously).

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

give me the idiot of the day award.  thanks judochinx.  6 hours of headaches over one stupid overlooked fact, that i know i saw and read, but in the excitement of it all, that later turned to frustration, thats all it was.  woke up this morning and saw your reply, now i feel like an idiot.  but at least i'm an idiot who's chip is working now.  thank you!

JudoChinX

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »

Lol. No problems. The only reason I knew that is because that was my mistake. I went and checked my soldering, and then realized that the chip could go in either way. Thats kinda confusing becasue the chip fits in both ways, and most chips dont. Anyways, no problem. Good luck with your new (and working) xenium, me chip of choice.