xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 D0  (Read 106 times)

AmO

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« on: July 20, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

Ive been a bit confused latly about the D0 on a 1.6 mobo.  I'm getting a Xenium ICE for a friend with a 1.6 xbox and I am going to rebuild the LPC with a Pin Header install.  My only question lies in the D0.  Every diagram I've seen talks about a topside D0, is there a bottom side D0 that you can use INSTEAD of the topside D0?  I know theres a bottom side LFRAME for non-ICE chips, but I will be dealing with an ICE chip here and wanted to use a bottom side D0 if possible (can I use the bottom side LFRAME instead of the topside D0?).  If anyone knows the answer could they let me know?  Thanks (Hope this question has not been asked before, ive searched but not found anything).
Laters,

AmO

cap269

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

There is a bottom side LFRAME, yes, but with the ICE, I think you are better off using the removable D0 wire loom that comes with the ICE and using it on the topside LFRAME (blue wire) and a nearby screw-ring ground (black wire). That is a much better way to do it. The blue D0 wire fits rather nicely in the hole. It's easy.

AmO

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

so i can just use the blue wire on the removeable D0 to connect to the bottomside LFRAME?  Will the black need to ground as well?  (I will NEED the ability to boot TSOP as well)

cap269

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

No, I said use the removable D0 wire on the TOPside LFRAME. Ground the black wire to the nearby screw ring. There's one  about an inch away from the topside LFRAME. Very convenient. You WILL be able to boot the onboard BIOS (there really isn't a TSOP on a 1.6..but that's another conversation) with this configuration.

AmO

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

Launch Menu, Add Item > TSOP, give it a name
then launch it

Master-Chief

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (AmO @ Jul 20 2004, 06:06 PM)
so i can just use the blue wire on the removeable D0 to connect to the bottomside LFRAME?

There is no such thing as the bottom side LFRAME. If you are doing a pin header install on a 1.6, you must use the LFRAME (only ONE and it's ON the TOP of the MOTHERBOARD).  wink.gif

Master-Chief

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (TSOPrano @ Jul 21 2004, 05:03 PM)
WRONG.  rolleyes.gif

There is a bottom side LFRAME. Check out my manual, there is a picture within it showing the bottom side LFRAME... link is here:

http://members.shaw..../xenium_mod.pdf

Well, the one MOST referred to is the top d0 and the chip goes on there anyways. So why wire it to the bottom of the motherboard when you can keep it on the top?  rolleyes.gif

AmO

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

because i wanted to keep all the soldering on the bottom of the board, i think it lends to a cleaner look because its not visible from the chip side of it all, also easier solderpoints as they are bigger.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (AmO @ Jul 21 2004, 05:46 PM)
because i wanted to keep all the soldering on the bottom of the board, i think it lends to a cleaner look because its not visible from the chip side of it all, also easier solderpoints as they are bigger.

What would you do if the d0 point came off for some reason? You would then have to go through unscrewing every screw just to get to the bottom. Who cares if it looks neater just because the wires are at the bottom? The only neatness you should worry about is how neatly your wires are soldered to the points. It's not like you have a motherboard window.  rolleyes.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
1.6 D0
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

I used the bottom lframe, its bigger and works fine.