xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Ice Frag  (Read 113 times)

9t9

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« on: July 15, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

smile.gif

bobwatson

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

Everything I've read says that if the d0 isn't properly connected, it will give the red LED on the chip itself and just boot to the MS dash.  In fact, mine was doing this before.  Once I worked a bit more to get the d0 in properly (including the extra solder I mentioned) it began the FRAG.  Upon some more review, I read somewhere that this means that the d0 is seated properly now but there is some other problem.  That's why I'm posting...

I certainly appreciate the assistance but I don't think it's the d0.  That baby's in there.

9t9

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

smile.gif

AmO

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

the reason for the automatic reboots and black screen means that your LPC isnt aligned or set properly.  Since you are doing Pogo-Pin i suggest you recheck your alignment on that pogo's also the chip in backwards will cause the same problem.

soleous30

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »

ph34r.gif I just installed one also it would go to a xenium screen and thats it, found that i had accidently switched the switch on the chip to restore, try checking that the switch, is switched to the left, it has a black line that the switch goes over.
also the x in xenium must be facing towards the back of the x box.

hope this helps.

if it works the led will be green, if starts up red try relining it up, it just isnt quite right, the adapter that is.

Sempai

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »

funny I have the ice chip solderless black adapter, the chip is lit up green everything seem like a go right..... wrong. I hit the eject button to activate the chip an i get 2 green flashes and 8 red flashes then reboot then start over and over and over.
I recheck everything. i took it apart a few time to realign and i clean the area each time.

I am still pulling out my hair. lol

acemilo

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »

Adapter is not alligned, plain and simple, you can verify this with a multimeter.  Your only choices are to keep trying to allign it or solder it.

Rabid1

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

n3 reboots frag are not caused by the d0. It is either a problem with the alignment on the LPC, or the OS is corrupt. DO NOT try reversing the chip on backwards, unless you want a nice Xenium Ice pendant.

If realigning the adapter does not help, put the chip in recovery mode with the switch(if you don't know what that is then you haven't read everything yet, read the Iceguide from teamxodus.com downloads section, and the OS recovery guide) and see if the recovery screen comes up. If it does burn a recovery disc and power up with the dics in the dvd and the switch in recovery, or if you already have the recovery.bin on E:\ let it run. If you do not see the recovery screen then check the install again.

CanBac

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

Sorry for second post. Just did mine (with cd previously mentionned) and it is firing on all cylinders. Don;t forget to be in recovery mode. If you watch the chip while you are doing this, it will change colours, green and blue are the last i think WAIT FOR THE CONSOLE TO TURN ITSELF OFF. Switch out of recovery mode (IMPORTANT). Try it out before you put the case back together for good measure (I didn;t but it worked) and resume enjoying your XBox. Hope this helps.

Bullwinkle

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »

You need to burn the recovery disk, v. 2.0.1 is the most stable if I remember correctly, get it to boot off the disk, you will hear it start

it's version 2.3.0 that's most stable...ice chips come with 2.0.1 on them.  It's recommended to upgrade that to 2.3.0  smile.gif

LuckyHarmz

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Frag
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

Nevermind.