xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2mb Or 4mb Flash In A Mod Chip  (Read 61 times)

Jaego

• Archived User
2mb Or 4mb Flash In A Mod Chip
« on: March 06, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »

Well that depends on what you intend to do with your modded xbox.  If you're like 97% of the people out there and just want to be able to backup your games, play dvd's without the remote, and swap hard-drives, then quite honestly, most of us won't use more that 256k, not to mention 2 and 4MB.

Mod chips are getting more expensive all the time now (just like what happened with the PS2 chips), and it's because of the memory.  Heck, most people would be fine with a second generation mod!

So get the xenium... it's a sure thing and in stock most places right now (instead of waiting for who knos how long for the x-mod to come out.

I hope this helps!

Cheers.

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (csk8ter05 @ Mar 7 2004, 12:54 AM)
I want to get either a Xenium or the new X-CHIP. The Xenim has 2mb of flash mem. and the X-CHIP will have 4mb. Will there be much of a difference in performance between the two?. Should i wait another month and spend $15 more for the X-CHIP?

you do know the xenium has upgradeable memroy right?? so i'm sure that when the time comes for people to actually start using more than 1mb bios'es. Then ozxodus will be ready with a memory upgrade

Mshake

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 03:42:00 AM »

hehe,

i am still using openxbox and i am pretty happy with it so far, no problems and may be getting another chip soon for my 2nd xbox.
Been hovering over xenium and a couple of other flashy newer mods but heck, there is this problem of too many choices to make. Some may consider it an advantage but to some it could be a problem.

Think of the older days when enigmah was the only chip and ppl were very happy about it though. Then came flashable ones, those are good. Now there's flashable, upgradable, blah blah blah, but i think they're more towards developers and the same kind. To normal users, anything flashable should be alright, considering all of them have options to install switches/etc if u want to do so.

And also considering the majority of ppl here get others to mod/solder/install modchip and even softwares for them!

csk8ter05

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »

thanks a bunch guys this helped a ton

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

wink.gif

Mshake

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (csk8ter05 @ Mar 7 2004, 02:49 PM)
thanks a bunch guys this helped a ton

sarcasm? hheeh or something else smile.gif

nah really,... at the end of the day, it's down to price for most of us anyways...