xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium-os V1.1 Manual  (Read 51 times)

oblox

• Archived User
Xenium-os V1.1 Manual
« on: February 26, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

rotfl.gif

EDIT I don't think Rodent likes the competition... maybe his cheapmod busness isn't doing too well these days

*Being childish* No wait it's not a Rat it's an angry beaver with the words Rod written all over it

EDIT EDIT Today I definatly need more sleep LOLZ

PS Rodent seems to like the way SmartXX do business and I do hate the flamewars the people "associated" with SmartXX try to create

oblox

• Archived User
Xenium-os V1.1 Manual
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »

No one is telling me anything I'm reading all the websites and noting release dates

Take a look yourself it's all there in black and white

kdogg-

• Archived User
Xenium-os V1.1 Manual
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

Its sorta the other way around. Xenium is more of a rip off of the smartXX.. Altho they are prolly doing to it each other a bit. Who knows...

From what I've read on these forums the team that makes the SmartXX chip also was the team that made what we now know as the Xenium... They had a disagreement with the marketing team and split off... However the marketing team also had the source so they took it to the Xodus team and partnered with them to make the Xenium.

The Xenium is based on last years beta source code of the current SmartXX chip. The team making the SmartXX had to retool there whole code though because they wanted to make it not work with the Xenium os and vise versa...

I guess the beta code they used to make the Xenium was far from done and full of bugs so it didnt even work right and they had to do alot of debugging to make it even work.

Now if I've messed any of these facts up, correct me. This is just what I got from the other thread talking about the Xenium/SmartXX code and Xenium Vs SmartXX thread.

This is also the reason the Xenium and Smart XX have almost the OS look, the Xenium is based on old beta SmartXX code...

oblox

• Archived User
Xenium-os V1.1 Manual
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

rotfl.gif