xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xenium Will Not Flash With Bios  (Read 99 times)

oblox

• Archived User
Xenium Will Not Flash With Bios
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

Try changing the bank configuration and then changing it back again

Just because a CD/DVD player reads a table of contence doesn't mean it will read files correctly

JuggaloZeke

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »

It... it.... it worked. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it finally worked!
I just took a pre-burnt CD, blanked it, reburned with the BIOS.BIN and a ~100Mb movie file onto my Memorex 4x CD-RW with the BIOS x2_4973_v1.0_256k as a normal CD ISO with teh usual options and BAM, first try it worked. Amazing.

user posted image

oblox

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (JuggaloZeke @ Feb 24 2004, 05:36 PM)
It... it.... it worked. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it finally worked!
I just took a pre-burnt CD, blanked it, reburned with the BIOS.BIN and a ~100Mb movie file onto my Memorex 4x CD-RW with the BIOS x2_4973_v1.0_256k as a normal CD ISO with teh usual options and BAM, first try it worked. Amazing.

At a guess your using nero and those no blank RW's were being appended to before

EDIT or your laser is dirty/old lol

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (JuggaloZeke @ Feb 24 2004, 12:04 PM)
Its not the drive thats the problem though, I think... it reads the discs because how else would it get the "BIOS not properly sized!" error? And I have tried two different medias, Sony CD-RWs and Memorex CD-RWs. I burnt both at 4x because its the lowest setting I could use in Nero. I also used dummy files in each, ranging from <1mb to >600mb. Like I said, it reads the disc but gives me a damn size error.

Memorex CD-RWs are notorious for not working on the Xbox, BTW. Some people have gotten them towork, supposedly, but I've heard from far more users that they haven't.

I have never had a single one work on either of my Xboxes.

Dunno about Sonys, but ProMedia 10x 700MB CD-RWs I bought a long time ago worked every time.

It's all about the media. wink.gif

JuggaloZeke

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »

Memorex worked for me... it took a while but it finally worked.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

laugh.gif

JuggaloZeke

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

Easiest way to burn the dash... use nero and make an copy or something. Its in the copy/backup menu of startsmart. Ill post it later if I feel like it.

Jnadke

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

I use Memorex 700mb 4x CDRW media for my phillips drive... I burn using the UDF/ISO format using the XBOX Scene Nero 6 guide.  Make sure all settings are exact (note the unchecked boxes as well as the checked one's).  DVD Video compatability mode is especially important.  The disks would rarely work if that wasn't checked.

Works like a charm everytime.  No bad noises coming from the XBOX or slow load times.  Note that the CDRWs won't read at all if they've been erased.  I can only burn once.
Pages: 1 [2]