xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Think Its Broke  (Read 64 times)

|GateKeeper|

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »

make sure your bios.bin is In cap BIOS.bin also it will help adding Dummy folder with 300 -400 meg of files to fill the CD in ... it should work i recemend buring it at the Lowest Setting ... if still not working
i had a customer has the same problem since he had a old Thompson Drive it would not Read anythig ,,,

Well This is what i told him to do he had 007 i send him the files for the memory card and he did 007 hack and FTp tp the xbox upload the bios file and restart than flash from the HD insted of the Cd.

I hope this help

Also Using CDR-w helps ... if still don't work put the CD in and put the xbox on it's side like a PS2 this way helps on old drive to read it better ..

aerodr

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »

Gatekeeper - Thanks for the reply!

Ok, here's an update.  I think a couple of the problems are solved.  It turns out that the reason my box would not play original games is that there is something wrong with the game I was trying(007).  Sorry about that.

I did finally get a bin to load but I'm a little confused as to the results.
I loaded the M7 BIOS.BIN and it said it worked but if I turn on the box and select that bin it immediately reboots.  Now remember this is my first time.  So is this normal if I dont have a different dash yet or if I dont have a backed-up game in the drive?

Next - I still cannot get a dashboard installed.  I am using evox from xbins.
Here is what I am doing:  Download from xbins,  Unzip the file,  convert it to an ISO,  (I have done the whole thing,  and also tried just the xbe and ini)  then burn it as an image with NERO
Do I need to add a junk file?  I've actually tried both ways.  If so is this part of the image or a seperate file?
When I put the disk in the box and reboot,  should it take right off?  When mine reboots it goes right to a menu waiting for an OS choice (which bin I want) Then times out to the original in a few seconds if I dont choose.  Is this ok?  Ive tried seveal different combos of doing this.

Before you ask,  I have read several toots.  My problem is that none of them really suit my situation and there are SEVERAL variables.    

Thanks for any help!

aerodr

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

I"ve been trying to get Slayers program to load for 7 hours now.  I've tried several disks and two different burning programs.
Very frustrated now.
Any help would be great.

notkevin

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (aerodr @ Jan 23 2004, 05:13 AM)
Next - I still cannot get a dashboard installed.  I am using evox from xbins.
Here is what I am doing:  Download from xbins,  Unzip the file,  convert it to an ISO,  (I have done the whole thing,  and also tried just the xbe and ini)  then burn it as an image with NERO
Do I need to add a junk file?  I've actually tried both ways.  If so is this part of the image or a seperate file?
When I put the disk in the box and reboot,  should it take right off?  When mine reboots it goes right to a menu waiting for an OS choice (which bin I want) Then times out to the original in a few seconds if I dont choose.  Is this ok?  Ive tried seveal different combos of doing this.

Are you creating a xiso? also are you renaming the dashboard file to default.xbe, most bioses look for that.

aerodr

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

Yes, I am creating an xiso, but what do you mean by renaming the dash?  I may have missed that.

GamerBR

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (aerodr @ Jan 23 2004, 08:42 PM)
Yes, I am creating an xiso, but what do you mean by renaming the dash?  I may have missed that.

u need to rename the evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe to it boot from the cd(the evox from xbins come with the xbe named evoxdash.xbe so it won't boot from the cd)

notkevin

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

This is the best Evox tutorial that I have seen:

http://evox.xboxhack...for_dummies.rar

aerodr

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

How about slayers installer?  I downloaded the iso and could not get it to work.  I then added a fluffer file and redid the xiso.  Still cant get it to work.
Ill go back to the evox ind try renaming like was suggested.

I'm sure the media is ok because its the same I used to load the bios.

Is there any special configuration that the box and xenium chip need to be in for this to work or do you just boot up the disk from power off?

notkevin

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (aerodr @ Jan 23 2004, 02:14 PM)
Is there any special configuration that the box and xenium chip need to be in for this to work or do you just boot up the disk from power off?

The bios is what looks for the Dash (or whatever) on the cd, not the modchip or XOS

aerodr

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

So will any bios work or does a particular one (the one I installed) have to be active?

The reason I ask is that when I make one of the loaded bios' active it just shuts down immediately, reboots, and shuts down again.  It will do this three times then the eject button will flash different colors.

Scan-C

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

sounds like the bios you flashed is corrupt or wrong in size. i don't know in which bank setting the xenium is shipped but you should try a 256 kb bios.

warbeast

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

the on/off flashing green and red crap would be down to a bad bios if the XOS still works it not the chip.

i would grab a fresh bios from xbins and and flash the chip again use evox m7. or xecuter 4981

notkevin

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (aerodr @ Jan 23 2004, 03:46 PM)
So will any bios work or does a particular one (the one I installed) have to be active?

The reason I ask is that when I make one of the loaded bios' active it just shuts down immediately, reboots, and shuts down again.  It will do this three times then the eject button will flash different colors.

I would try reflashing the bios, both evo m7 and x2 4980 read default.xbe off of the d: by default.

aerodr

• Archived User
I Think Its Broke
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

I Fixed it!

Actually it was never broke.  I finally figured out that I was loading the .bin wrong.  When you click to load the bin fron D:/BIOS.BIN it says that the .bin was loaded successfully,  and I assumed that it was done, but not.
You have to first select the location for the bin, next load it from D:/BIOS.BIN, then flash it to the bin location.  This last part was the step I was missing.  It seems this could be verry easy for anyone to miss.  The loading of the .bin from D:/ only took a second, but to flash it takes @ 30-40 seconds.  So just remember, (1)select the bin location (2)load the bin from D:/BIOS.BIN  (3)flash the bin.

Thanks for everyone's patience and help,  everything works fine now.