xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 7 Doubts About Xenium Modchip...  (Read 73 times)

LostBrazilian

• Archived User
7 Doubts About Xenium Modchip...
« on: January 20, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

Hi guys,

I have another doubts about Xenium...Hope you can help... :-)

1. How to install the Xbox original BIOS on a Bios bank on Xenium ? Where to get this BIOS file ?

2. If the Xenius modchip only boots on 1 dashboard name and this dashboard will be the Evox, how to get access to the original dashboard booting from Evox with original BIOS ?

3. Is the dashboard booting name placed on the flashing with the BIN file ?

4. I have an old LPC modchip installed in my Xbox that turns the modchip on and boot evoxdash.xbe  when the console in turned on using the power button and turns the modchip off and boot from xboxdash.xbe when turns on the console using the eject button... How is this made ? Can I do the same with the Xenium modchip ?

5. When soldering, only wet soldring iron can be used ? What happen if I don't use that ? Where can I buy it ?

6. My console is NTSC from USA.If I modify the region by the Xenium placing PAL, will it crash the console ? If I place region 0, will my DVD Kit play all the DVDs regions ?

7. Can anybody say me a good, cheap and trusted store that sells for international consumers (Brazil) where I could buy the Xenium modchip ?

Thanks,
Philipe

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

You have 117 posts here and yet you dont allready know the answere to most of those questions?

First off you can setup what dashboard it loads from using XBTool on your bios before you flash it to the chip.

I dont understand what you are saying, but from the Xenium OS you cant tell it to boot your ariginal xbox bios so you can load xbox dash and play xbox live.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

cool.gif

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ranger72 @ Jan 20 2004, 05:26 PM)
You have 117 posts here and yet you dont allready know the answere to most of those questions?

First off you can setup what dashboard it loads from using XBTool on your bios before you flash it to the chip.

I dont understand what you are saying, but from the Xenium OS you cant tell it to boot your ariginal xbox bios so you can load xbox dash and play xbox live.

dude, chill! English is obviously not his first language, so it may be difficult to find info! dry.gif

Your written english is no better than his, if anything its worse!

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

1. How to install the Xbox original BIOS on a Bios bank on Xenium ? Where to get this BIOS file ?

The original MS Bios is on your XBOX TSOP.  You have 4 flashable banks on the Xenium. Feel free to flash one of them with the MS Bios if you so choose.. but it is un-necessary.

As to where to get them.. you are not allowed to ask here. Do not ask for Hacked MS Code here plz.

2. If the Xenius modchip only boots on 1 dashboard name and this dashboard will be the Evox, how to get access to the original dashboard booting from Evox with original BIOS ?

Booting Dashboard is related to what bios you choose.. what hacks it may have.. and which dashboard you have pre-installed and have added yourself.

Original MS Bios will not boot EVOX Dash. (I won't discuss exploits here.. read exploit forum)

You can have multiple BIOS banks.. flashed with different Bios.. and each loads a different dash of your choosing.

3. Is the dashboard booting name placed on the flashing with the BIN file ?

No.. but.. you can rename the BIOS files in XENIUM.. so it Display the Dash name instead..

So when it boots.. it can display..

Original (this is MS Bios on Motherboard.. and is default)
EVOX Dash (flashed with whatever bios you want)
AVALAUNCH (flashed with whatever)

etc.

4. I have an old LPC modchip installed in my Xbox that turns the modchip on and boot evoxdash.xbe  when the console in turned on using the power button and turns the modchip off and boot from xboxdash.xbe when turns on the console using the eject button... How is this made ? Can I do the same with the Xenium modchip ?

On a Cold Boot.. the CHIP is turned on.. then.. you can selected whether it will be ON(ACTIVE) or not.  

No more special wiring.

5. When soldering, only wet soldring iron can be used ? What happen if I don't use that ? Where can I buy it ?

Soldering Irons can be found at RadioShack, Home Depot. and many Electronics surplus shops.  Google it online.

6. My console is NTSC from USA.If I modify the region by the Xenium placing PAL, will it crash the console ? If I place region 0, will my DVD Kit play all the DVDs regions ?

This won't crash you machine.. keep in mind that most BIOS you'll install.. will play NTSC and PAL titles fine.

7. Can anybody say me a good, cheap and trusted store that sells for international consumers (Brazil) where I could buy the Xenium modchip ?

You can start with the official Sponsors here on XS.. and shortly.. the OzXodus Official Reseller List will be available. (they are EDITING now.)

LostBrazilian

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  cool.gif  cool.gif  cool.gif