xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2 Question  (Read 939 times)

hisowndogg

• Archived User
X2 Question
« on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »

Hi All, before I start asking question, please allow me to apologize in advance for not able to find an answer from the posts because I'm not familiar with how to use search function.  I'm worse than a noobie  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  

Here's the story,  I got my Xecuter 2 way back when thru a connection of a friend.  I bought a 160gb blank hard drive so that his friend was able to hooked me up with some emulated arcade games as well.  It served me well, until one day my neighbor decided to check out what XBox Live screen looks like (no internet cable was connected, he just wanted to see the screen).  According to him (as I was not present at the time), the XBox just reset itself to it's normal setting.  From that point on every time I turn it on, it'd only shows the normal XBox booting screen (with Xecuter 2 at the bottom).  I looked into the Memory, which still shows all the saved games, so I know nothing has been deleted.  However, I am no longer able to reach the original menu that allow me to access the emulated games.  I can still play any original XBox game, but that's it.  

So my question is, if there's any way to reset or get back the original Xecuter 2 menu?  I don't know anything about hooking it up to the pc for any configuration, nor have any idea how to do any soldering.  

I want to emphasize that I tried using the search function, but it kept coming back with 0 result.  I then attempted to look thru over 20 pages of the Team Xecuter Chip forum (from the last page back), but couldn't find what I was looking for, that's when I finally gave up and started this new topic.  If there's already an answer to my question in any previous posts, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could point me to the right place.  Again, my sincere apology if this question has already been asked, also for my long rambling.  

Best Regards,  

turfster

• Recovered User
X2 Question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »

Get yourself a copy of Auto installer deluxe(AIDS) 4.5 or slayer's 2.7 or now 2.9 or hexen. Burn anyone of those to a dvd-r with imgburn and pop it into your xbox. If should boot. Then reinstall your dashboard from the options given. You can also browse your file manager to make sure all your other stuff is still on the harddrive.

Good luck.

hisowndogg

• Archived User
X2 Question
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »

Thanks so much for your swift reply turfster.  I'll try to see what I can do from here, much appreciated  biggrin.gif !

BR,