xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing X2.6 Ce With Programmer Question  (Read 214 times)

23bobbyg

• Archived User
Flashing X2.6 Ce With Programmer Question
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »

Here is my problem. My son seems to have messed up his Xbox that I flashed for him a long time ago and I am attempting to repair it. It is an Xecuter X2.6 CE and it is FRAGing. I have a Xecuter mini Programmer (white pcb) but I can not for that life of me get X2BM to see the chip or X2pro or X2proDOS to see the programmer. I have tried multiple computers with win 7 and win XP and have tried ECC and ECC/EPP settings. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

23bobbyg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »

Correction....I can not get any program to detect the programmer. I can only get the blue light to remain on on the programmer by booting in DOS, Linux or Safe Mode. But I can not get anything to detect the programmer.

23bobbyg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

OK...For anyone out there having issues getting anything like x2pro or x2bm to detect the x2 programmer via LPT port here is what solved my issue. In your BIOS setting ensure that LPT is set to ECC/EPP  with the address set to 378. Then I used a program called IXIA and even though the blue light on the programmer went off during Windows boot up I ran IXIA as administrator and it connected right to the programmer and the blue light came back on also it detected the Mod Chip as well and flashed it with no issues. I hope this helps someone else.