xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flasher Wanted For This Modchip!  (Read 171 times)

Shinypaper

• Archived User
Flasher Wanted For This Modchip!
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »

Hi guys, anyone know where I can get a flasher/cable for this chip? https://imgur.com/cmtQ5,0lcxG

I THINK it's an xecuter2 lite, but I can't be sure, I've not been able to identify it so far other than the bios that was originally on it before i fragged it, which was x2 4973.  uhh.gif

The chip has a switch on the side of the xbox to swap between the onboard bios and the chip, I tried flipping that switch in evox to flash it from my softmod, but I get 'flash not writable' which probably means it can't identify the chip?  huh.gif

Anyway do any of you guys have a flasher cable for this or know where to get one, because I'm not willing to risk a TSOP flash as it's my only working bios and flashing always messes up for me.   mad.gif

Thanks in advance.  happy.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinypaper @ Mar 14 2012, 05:51 PM) View Post
I tried flipping that switch in evox to flash it from my softmod, but I get 'flash not writable' which probably means it can't identify the chip?

No, it means that you can't flash the chip if you boot from the TSOP and load a softmod. The error is because it's trying to flash the TSOP.

If you can't find a programmer then the easiest solution is to boot with a working chip, then hotswap the chip.

Shinypaper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »

The error is because it's trying to flash the TSOP.

Yeah I considered that, the manufacturer id shown changes though so I thought it might have addressed the other chip, oh well.  dry.gif

Anyway I think I'll just cut my losses and stick with my softmod before anything else goes wrong.