xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newb With X3 Flashing/booting Issues  (Read 159 times)

|Show|

• Archived User
Newb With X3 Flashing/booting Issues
« on: September 08, 2005, 07:50:00 AM »

*update*
the problem seems to be linked with the power splitter board. there was solder linking two bridges which was causing the auto boot once power was supplied, thats now fixed and the power buttons work.
although now we can't get the chip into the flashbios app. we have banks 1 and 2 on, with 3 and 4 off, and flash protection off. pressing both power and eject makes it boot, shutdown, boot, shudown, then boot with red flashing LED.
Also, the DVD drive won't open with the eject button is pressed on its own.

XmodsUK

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »

Can you boot the chip disabled, or boot into back-up mode?

|Show|

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

whilst i've been trying the chip will only boot disabled, wont boot at all enabled or in backup...don't know why.

although i had one of the top techys i work with assisting me before and he identified the solder issue on the power splitter's PCB and he managed to get it to boot enabled and get to the flash bios app once...he aint around right now so i'm on my own..and i can't get it back to the enabled mode, which he seemed to do by unplugging the power splitter - wont work for me though.

and yes i've got the same problems as Lancer...and i can't get the drive to eject...which has my custom slayer 2.5 DVD in! (it wont boot to that either btw)

XmodsUK

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(LancerX7 @ Sep 8 2005, 04:33 PM)
I have the same problem as |Show|

Jtech|I

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

Yes, get 3294 from xbins and flash away...

|Show|

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 06:26:00 AM »

right, an update.

i've been able to http flash the bios to 3294 but now i get no display on the standard 'enabled' mode, only the flashbios app when booting to backup.

it wont boot any of my dvds - 3 defferent types of slayer disk.

we think it may be because we aren't getting any output from it...i've got it running currently on a CRT through an xvga + box

anyone got any ideas?

|Show|

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 06:51:00 AM »

the bios are all working fine...but now it doesnt seem to boot my slayer disks...or at least not on a CRT through an xvga+

is there a way you can do a HTTP/network install of evoX?

LancerX7

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

Wow, thats getting weird.

I've just purchased a 200GB hard drive for my xbox. Time to hit the tuts for replacing the hard drive and installing EvoX.

|Show|

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

right, i've fixed it.

finally got it home, no more messing with it in the office. and its now installing evox from the slayer dvd and all seems fine.

the only thing i don't like is that whenever you transport it somewhere or move it, something seems to come loose (not visably) and the chip doesn't turn on properly without reconnecting the power controller cable. this has happened each time we've moved it so far and is getting quite annoying!

koretex

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

So what's the solution people?????

All the replys are just that its working now....how did you guys get it working because Im having the same prob.

Installed The x3ce yesterday, everything going flawless play all night last night and goto play conkers today, play it for about 10 minutes, press eject put in another game, press the power button to turn it off, press it again to turn it back on and now ive just got the triple boot with flashing eject button after the third boot with a black screen WTF?!?!?!?

koretex

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

I found a solution to my above post, all I did was unhook the power/eject mod board and everything is perfect now. With that plugged in though it wont boot or eject....strange!

koretex

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

scratch my above post its still randomly FRAGing....WTF!!!!