xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 Pointers  (Read 62 times)

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« on: October 05, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

Have you by any chance installed one with the Xapter on a v1.0 motherboard????????? wink.gif sad.gif

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

HAHA, ya but i have no soldering skillz, and i am using a v1.0 board, so the lpc ports are closed... how do i align them so they are all perfectly touching the points?

I mean, i can do it, but if i so much as FART on my xbox case the vibration sets the points out of alignment...

mcfly88

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

It seems odd that so many people are having problems with the Xapter and the 2.6 chip. How can one possibly misalign the LPC/Xadapter?! I'm still having problems with a pair of Xboxes (1.2 and 1.3), both still give me the FRAG when the chip is enabled.

I'm sure taking my time, but this is getting frustrating...

McFly

turbodtalon

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 02:24:00 AM »

Don't know if you solved your problem yet, but I just solved mine.  I was getting a normal M$ boot even though the switch LED inicated the chip was enabled.  I tried all kinds of shit, but it turned out that the God-damned switch was faulty!  It would indicate chip enabled, but it really wasn't.  There was a good enough connection for the LED to illuminate, but not actually power the chip up.  There must be two sets of contactors inside that switch.  Out of boredom I began wiggling it and out of nowhere the chip's BIOS loads.  Must have gotten both sets of contacts to close in doing so.  Don't be fooled by the LED. Is the chip powered up or not?  Who knows.  So if you are positive that you did the mod flawlessly, but you cannot get the chip to boot, see if you can't mess with that switch a bit and maybe solve the problem.  And if that doesn't solve it, you may ultimately have to do a voltage check on the chip to see if it is recieving juice or not.  Don't ask me how to do this.  It would be a matter of tracing out wires to see which ones go to the enable/disable switch.  Good luck.

marvelous

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »

DOn't wiggle it it will just make it more lose.

Push it up against the chip.

I had the same problem.  The d0 was in there and the chip would not load.  It will goto retail bios even if the chip is on.  The pins are not making any connection to the chip.

JimBobUK

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 05:03:00 AM »

as marvelous said...
Take your time installing the chip!

If you took your time installing the chip and it still FRAGs then you didnt take enouugh time!

Its soooo easy! you cant misalligned! there is only 1 D0 you can use!

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

A couple questions...

Are the d0 points the same for the x2.6 on the v1 motherboard, as they are for the x2.3b ? Because I cannot find any tutorials on where the d0 point is for the x2.6 for the v1 board, but on older tutorials for the x2.3b it shows the point for a v1 board. So basically, Are the d0 points the same no matter kind of chip you are using?

Also,
What does FRAG mean?

JimBobUK

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

The D0 is not on the chip its poart of the board and in the same place for most v of Xbox

sumo

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

I had no Problem installing the chip and it boots up fine, I can flash the BIOS and all, my problems start after that, Ms dashboard works fine but the bleeding BIOS or some wont boot my Evox with the chip enabled and FRAG´s then
I have tried X24983.06, M8 and M7 but always the same, tried 2 diffrent chips on the same xbox and always the same problem.
I thought the difficult part was to solder the chip in BUT noooooooo not in my case smile.gif, that was the easy part. And of course it seems nobody has the same problem or knows anything about this shit so basically I´m up shit creek without a paddle.

mcfly88

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, there are a few threads with people havnig FRAG issues with the new 2.6 line. Here's my most recent incident...

Quoting from "Xbox 1.6 And 2.6 Lite , Problems" thread :

Been there, done that. Turns out the chip was flashed, I (sort of) fixed the
  problem another way.

I grabbed a client's Xbox that I had installed a 2.3b on (Xbox version 1.0).
  Threw in the 2.6 chip and (by some miracle) it worked. Cromwell came up and I
  danced the dance of joy. Quickly flashed the 2.6 and went back to work on the
  other Xbox. This is where it gets weird...

If I touch the chip while it is installed, boots up every single time. Wait 5 mins,
  remove the A/C, wait another 5 mins, hook it up... fails to boot. Lightly touch
  the back of the chip as I power it up - boots perfectly with the non-cromwell bios.

Anyone else have this experience?

McFly

marvelous

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

Read my first people.

There's a problem with the Wire Install.

You need to whiggle the wire pins into the chip.  The problem is the wire pins are lose and usually don't make good contact with the chip.

What you need to do push the pins far back into the chip.

squeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

so if you have a v1.0 box you can just slap the xaptor for the 2.6 ontop without desoldering the lpc?  cuz i dont wanna do a wire install or desolder

i installed a 2.6 with xaptor on a 1.3 box fine but i dont wanna desolder the lpc on the 1.0

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 08:24:00 AM »

Just stay away from wires.

I agree, just the the pin header install. The wire hardness seems to be unreliable.
I have installed two 2.6 chips into xbox's using the wires, but alot of other people have had problems. it is also easier and less time consuming to do a pin-header install over a wire install.

deacon187

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Pointers
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

ive installed 2 of thesechips. one pin header on a 1.6 and a wire install on a 1.0

everything worked great, only pain in the ass i had was gettin the right bios to work with the 1.6, i wasted like 15 cdr, im glad i have a sammy thats reads anything i put in it, i've put my drive in these other boxes while installing just for the reason not to waste any cdr

all i can say is make sure when making your bios flash disk is that it is 512k in size and unless you have a thompson i dont think you need a dummy file, i never use them