xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Flash Spider Gx Chip  (Read 272 times)

tonto26

• Archived User
How To Flash Spider Gx Chip
« on: June 14, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »

I recently purchased the Spider GX chip for my 1.5V xbox.  I have finally figured out how to get to the spider gx os by NOT using the PCB board (white cuved looking thing) and instead just soldering a piece of wire to the D0 on the Chip and then into the motherboard.  Anyway, once i get to the spider os menu, i can not move around in it.  Is this normal?  and how do i go about flashing the chip?  i have read that some people are flashing by using a web method, but i am not familiar with this, so if someone could please help or point me in the right direction i would greatly aprreciate it.  I am trying to install a 200gb drive also.  i have burned a copy of the x2 4281 for the larger drive not sure of exactly the name but i think i have the right file.  well i hope that someone can help me with this problem, thank you all in advance.

X_Gamer7

• Archived User
How To Flash Spider Gx Chip
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

If the controller is not responding, it is more than likely the fact that you must use an official M$ controller.  I had this same problem too, and switching to an official controller worked smile.gif