xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Verifying Voltages On Spider Chip 1.1  (Read 212 times)

lordadmira

• Archived User
Verifying Voltages On Spider Chip 1.1
« on: June 03, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

Greetz.  I have Xbox 1.6 and got a Spider Chip 1.1.  I followed the instructions according to alex548. I got it installed ok the first time I tried but it wouldn't boot up (red/green blinky). Finnagling the wires didn't help. So I decided to solder them in. I ran 28 guage wire to each original spider wire point and soldered the other ends to the appropriate points A-E. The pogo pins are firmly down. Holding it down with my finger doesn't make any difference. I got a multimeter and checked things out. This is where I need some help. When I boot to the Xbox bios pogo 1 has a voltage of -7.6 to -9.6, crazy. Pogos 5, 7, 9, 15, 8, 10, are good 3.3. Pogo 11 2.9. Wires A, B, C 3.3 . Wires D, 2.9, E 2.96. When I boot to the Spider Chip it's different. Pogo 1 has .008. Pogo 5 .177. Pogos 7, 8, 9, 10, and 15 3.3. Pogo 11 2.9. Wires A, B, C 3.3. Wire D 2.9 and wire E zero. Seems E isn't making contact. But if it isn't making contact, where is it getting power from when under the Xbox bios? I found this voltage chart. I don't know how to reconcile that with the measurements I got. Maybe E is getting power from the chip side while under Xbox and none under the Spider Chip? Could that be throwing things off? Something they don't tell u is if the wires are supposed to be voltage senders or receivers. As in is the chip supposed to receive a signal from the mobo or send a signal to the mobo. I'll try messing with that wire some more. But let me tell u, soldering that up was a bitch. And E is right in between C and E, about a 16th of an inch apart. I can read the microprint they put on 100 dollar bills and checks but this was still a challenge. If any u gurus have any information let me know. Thanks.

LA