xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Manual Bios Flashing  (Read 227 times)

SPENGLER

• Archived User
Manual Bios Flashing
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »

Well, I followed HackDaBox's instructions, which are very detailed except for the part where you have to flash the chip.  The only flashing method i could get to take was LAN based, and even then, the chip seemed to just ignore that i had just put a new BIOS in it's BANKs.

I ended up flipping the DIPs all over the place to try and force it into booting BANK3 or anything really.  And wouldn't you know it, if you set the DIPs to [0001] or [1110] can't remember which way it was, it flashed over my SpiderOS.

I have to admit, this is the most impressively crappy chip i've ever worked with.  Complete junk, and the fact that if i want to play a game, it has to be a DVD, and won't boot off HDD cause .XBE won't start...i mean come-on????? that's rediculous.

Aside for the ranting, i did end up getting X2 5035 BIOS to load, and it seems to be stable now in BANK3, the SpiderOS is still gone, but my question to you all is this:

1. using the "FLASH" setting on the DIPs, can I force it to actually flash the BANK set by the DIPs with a BIOS.BIN on C: or D:?

2. has anyone actually figured out if there is a BIOS for this chip  that will allow an XBE to execute from within a DASH, and not directly from the BIOS?

Thanks for any help in advance.  These forums RoXoR smile.gif

SPENGLER